What's new

Max Out Bradley Beal?

Sexual Favors

Locke has been proposing the idea of maxing out Bradley Beal as a way to get a true star on our team. Would you do it? Keep in mind, this will mean we'll be saying goodbye to some of our core players when, or before their contracts come up.

Obviously, Wizards have the right to match, but they might not, since they aren't pleased with their current performance, and are still holding out hope for. KD and Al Horford.

I'd do it. When something like this is potentially available, you have to try. At his age, he is going to get better. That 3 ball is deadly! We'd definitely make the playoffs next year, could re-sign Hayward, and then worry abouu trading him after we got a new contract on him (get a better haul).

I really really like beal but I wouldn't max him. I would rather max Hayward (which I wouldn't want to do either).

I would rather max beal than barnes though.

Honestly.

Go compare Eric Gordon to Bradley Beal. Basically the same player. Gordon is probably worse at defense, but you don't have to come anywhere close to maxing him to get him.

Honestly.

Go compare Eric Gordon to Bradley Beal. Basically the same player. Gordon is probably worse at defense, but you don't have to come anywhere close to maxing him to get him.

This is true, currently. Gordon is in his prime/downswing, while Beal is significantly younger and on his upswing.

This is true, currently. Gordon is in his prime/downswing, while Beal is significantly younger and on his upswing.

You could probably sign Gordon for half the cost. Beal isn't getting much better, he has only modestly improved since his rookie year. He doesnt get to the FT line and he is often injured. If we want that guy, just get Gordon. This is a no-brainer no to maxing Beal.

I love Beal. He's one of the players I like better than most. His injuries are concerning though. I wouldn't mind trying to steal him from the Wizards, but I'm not very optimistic they would let him walk.

I'm just not maxing anyone with that injury history. If he didn't have one, sure (though I still wouldn't be that excited, he isn't better than Hood or Hayward, and maybe not even Burks).

Definite risk. Kid can't stay healthy.

BUT - when healthy, he will be a better player than Hood in his prime, and makes GH very tradeable this offseason.

Is there a short window to get him if Washington goes all out in their Durant hunt?

yes, that is the move, max him out on day 1, hope he signs and hope Wash is in the Durant game. Beal could help the Wiz by not signing the offer sheet, but then he risks not getting the max if the Wiz land Durant.

I'm just not maxing anyone with that injury history. If he didn't have one, sure (though I still wouldn't be that excited, he isn't better than Hood or Hayward, and maybe not even Burks).

I don't know man, he's pretty good. He's one of the few players in the league who's great at creating his own shot in all on-ball situations(similar to Rodney) and at the same time he's been shooting lights out from 3. I think Wittman's system was hindering him overall. I think Quin can utilize him much better.

I don't know man, he's pretty good. He's one of the few players in the league who's great at creating his own shot in all on-ball situations(similar to Rodney) and at the same time he's been shooting lights out from 3. I think Wittman's system was hindering him overall. I think Quin can utilize him much better.

Hard to believe Beal would be better without John Wall. If Hood had John Wall, he would be way better than Beal.

Someone with Beal's athletic ability should be much better at drawing fouls, but he isn't. I think next year Hood will firmly surpass Beal as the better player.

Hard to believe Beal would be better without John Wall. If Hood had John Wall, he would be way better than Beal.

Someone with Beal's athletic ability should be much better at drawing fouls, but he isn't. I think next year Hood will firmly surpass Beal as the better player.

I hope so, since we will have Hood and not Beal :)