What's new

Game Thread May 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 05-08-21

The deep bench will get good minutes in this one. Forrest is looking more and more comfortable and hopefully Matt Thomas gets some minutes so we can see him score in volume.
Matt Thomas shouldn’t play over Elijah Hughes. If we get up big then I want to see a lot more Hughes, Forrest, Oni, and Dok (if he’s ready). After what I saw against SA, Hughes absolutely needs a second look from this franchise. His shot looked better than anything I’ve seen out of Thomas.

Matt Thomas shouldn’t play over Elijah Hughes. If we get up big then I want to see a lot more Hughes, Forrest, Oni, and Dok (if he’s ready). After what I saw against SA, Hughes absolutely needs a second look from this franchise. His shot looked better than anything I’ve seen out of Thomas.
Shot is one thing, but Thomas has definitely more experience in playing within the system at nba level. Hughes is complete rookie who missed a lot of time due to injury. In short term Thomas may be more likely to contribute in limited role.

Shot is one thing, but Thomas has definitely more experience in playing within the system at nba level. Hughes is complete rookie who missed a lot of time due to injury. In short term Thomas may be more likely to contribute in limited role.
Hughes lack of experience at the nba level makes it all the more important to give him experience in potential blowouts, like tonight.

Hughes is bigger, more athletic, and might actually have a better shot than Thomas. Hughes might have some potential to be a real contributor for this team. The same cannot be said about thomas.

Hughes lack of experience at the nba level makes it all the more important to give him experience in potential blowouts, like tonight.

Hughes is bigger, more athletic, and might actually have a better shot than Thomas. Hughes might have some potential to be a real contributor for this team. The same cannot be said about thomas.
Next season - sure, but there is no way you will make Hughes ready for this year's playoffs. But probably neither will sniff the floor than anyway.

Thomas is going to be our Korver/Reddick hybrid next year and beyond.

Thomas is going to be our Korver/Reddick hybrid next year and beyond.
Thomas is closer to Jimmer than Korver. Korver was taller, a better defender, and a much better shooter with a faster release. Korver was a reliable rotation player. Thomas is a fringe nba player.

Last edited:
Next season - sure, but there is no way you will make Hughes ready for this year's playoffs. But probably neither will sniff the floor than anyway.
So then go with the younger player with more potential who’s arguably better than thomas right now anyway.

Thomas is closer to Jimmer than Korver. Korver was taller, a better defender, and a much better shooter with a faster release. Korver was a reliable rotation player. Thomas is a fringe nba player.
Jimmer had a couple of chances to prove he could shoot in the NBA, Thomas has a proven track record as a shooter. Korver was certainly better all around.

Jimmer had a couple of chances to prove he could shoot in the NBA, Thomas has a proven track record as a shooter. Korver was certainly better all around.
Hasn’t thomas also had a few opportunities to prove himself? Toronto unloaded him for a bag of chips. And i think I might know why. Matt Thomas is shooting 43 percent from the field and 27 percent from 3 as a Jazz player.

He will also be 27 years old in August. Guys, He’s not Korver. He’s not Redick.

Like I said, Thomas is far closer to Jimmer than to Korver. Meaning, Thomas is a fringe NBA player. He shouldn’t suck any more PT from
Hughes who is arguably a better player right now and is 4 years younger. If Hughes is injured? Then Sure, Thomas should play ahead of him. But if healthy, there’s no reason why Hughes shouldn’t be ahead of Thomas.

Last edited:
Hughes had a moment down in the GLeague this year that said he has some promise. The Stars generally were awful and this particular game they were living up to their awfulness until Hughes took over and singlehandedly almost brought them back from a 20 point+ deficit. He had something like 18 points in the 4th quarter before running out of gas. I know it's GLeague but for that moment he was a ball player.

Bogey should get 50 tonight. He has an advantage on damn near everyone on this team.

We need to make judicious and prolific use of the euro-foul in this game to slow down the running game for Houston.

We're just gonna kill these guys aren't we?

Hughes had a moment down in the GLeague this year that said he has some promise. The Stars generally were awful and this particular game they were living up to their awfulness until Hughes took over and singlehandedly almost brought them back from a 20 point+ deficit. He had something like 18 points in the 4th quarter before running out of gas. I know it's GLeague but for that moment he was a ball player.
Sounds a little like Morris Almond

Niang getting these extra minutes and bigger role has been invaluable. I really think he's developed more over these past 2 weeks than the entire year to date so far.
Yep
I remember when I didn't think he should even be on the roster. Now he is a stud on both ends and one of our top 7 players

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app