What's new

Game Thread May 12, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs Blazers

Added to Calendar: 05-12-21

Disrupt Joe our whole offensive scheme dies that includes Rudy's offense.

We are left with Bogey and Clarkson, both have issues ,one with dribbling another with passing, both not known as playmaker.

Others can't shoot

Disrupt Joe our whole offensive scheme dies that includes Rudy's offense.

We are left with Bogey and Clarkson, both have issues ,one with dribbling another with passing, both not known as playmaker.

Others can't shoot
Well, when two of your best ball handlers and shooters are out, this will happen. Especially when they can hedge off Forrest. If he can't learn to shoot, he will be done in the NBA.

Our playmaking was definitely destroyed. They keyed in on Joe, Jordan, and boggieD. We then stopped moving the ball.

Conley and Mitchell make this game an easy one. But Forrest needs to play better or we need to initiate the attack with Niang or even Brantley to mix things up.

Clarkson s playing too many more minutes also. He's a ball stopper and is trying to do too much right now. He needs one of Mitchell or Conley in the game with him to help the flow..

I am not basing this comment on this one game, but ever since the ref whinefest after losing the Philly game around the ASB, I was convinced this team lacked the mental toughness to win a championship.
But this game was a good example of this team ******** its pants in the face of adversity.

I think we’ll have a fun playoff run, and I’ll be here for it. But there’s very little chance we’re winning at all in my mind.

12-40 from 3 for 30% is the reason we lost. Off night. It happens. We’re 8-6 without Mitchell and 6-3 without Mitchell/Conley. To be above .500 without them would be impressive let alone a 66% win percentage.

We’re going to go into the playoffs with the 1 seed and a fully rested Mitchell/Conley. For the people scared of the Lakers... If we can’t beat them in the 1st round with a hobbled AD/LeBron we aren’t good enough to win the championship. The best time to play them would be in the 1st round. I don’t think they fall to 8 but the point still stands.
Good post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This was just an embarrassing game. We deserved to lose it based on how most players performed.

Portland played well - good for them. Yet I would rather watch this team crawl into the playoffs with a bye than risk Donovan or Mike reaggravating anything. They'll have plenty more time to heal and the bye is a major blessing for us.

My problems with tonight...

1. Nurkic man handled players and had 2 calls through 3 quarters. It rattled us. We need to handle punk basketball better.

2. When we are missing shots its contagious. Their defense frustrated us but then we just got in our heads on open looks. That really limits us.

3. There are almost no other options besides keep shooting. The alternative of going in to gobert has worked. But we need guys that come off the bench and make a couple of shots because that too is contagious.

4. If we win tonight then we need 1 meesly win from 2 games against bottom dwellers to secure #1. Given the tough path for the #2 seed, we really should have gone for it more. Now no margin for errors to control our own destiny.

5. When missing shots, we start to miss layups, free throws, and every 3. We get in our own heads too much.
I am sad to admit that Oni and Forrest are not playoff rotation ready. There is a reason bot lasted as long as they did in their respective drafts.

Struggling again? This was his first rough game in maybe the last dozen. 1 bad game (and frankly it wasn't even that bad) in a dozen is more than acceptable.

Good point. I was mostly reacting to his 5-18 shooting from distance since the Denver game, but even a three game sample is pretty small, and he's done a lot to help carry the team in the past few weeks. The whole team just looks tired right now.

There is no conclusion or really correlation to this game with our playoff basketball. It's a game we were only half interested in, didn't have our full roster for, tried different looks, and know wasn't important.

Plenty of things could go wrong in the playoffs. But stressing that this game is some sign of things seems silly to me. But I've been wrong before plenty.
The point is you want to be playing well entering the playoffs, you just don't flip a switch and start playing better.

Good point. I was mostly reacting to his 5-18 shooting from distance since the Denver game, but even a three game sample is pretty small, and he's done a lot to help carry the team in the past few weeks. The whole team just looks tired right now.
We just beat a good team in Denver and people losing the faith over a Portland loss?

Let the boys rest we wake up renewed, we win a couple games if we have to and get 1 seed then kick the crutches from our title duo Spida and Conley and tll them Spida ,no more dressing like Erkel and take us over the top, and Conley stretch the hammy and see the opportunity to bring a Ring to a proud small market team that has had your backs forever go Jazz,lets go

The point is you want to be playing well entering the playoffs, you just don't flip a switch and start playing better.
I understand the sentiment. That doesn't make it true. Plenty of good teams flip a switch when the playoffs start and win. Can we? I don't know, we will see soon enough. We have played well in some good games when it mattered.

Mark my words, Phoenix will prevail against Portland tomorrow narrowing our lead to one measly game. Are people really that confident that San Antonio can beat Phoenix and that we can handle OKC and Sacramento on the road ostensibly without Conley and Mitchell again. Those young teams would just love to play spoiler roles - especially against the Jazz (the way we seem to be perceived). We are not out of the woods yet!!! Why are we so nonchalant about this #1 seeding thing!

Totally F'd up!!!! I wanted sooooo badly to be wrong about this! What do you say now Jazz brass, still wanna save Mitchell and Conley for the playoffs?