What's new

Media day / training camp thread

I don’t know anything about his personality or temperament, but if he really was able to be a dog and realize that if he brought some noticeable nasty and attitude, that he’s be able to fill a vacuum and a role on this team that isn’t really there. Go out there and fight a few dudes and he’s got a lot of intangible value.

Me with a shocked face "can't believe our head trainer is out after totally clashing with our star player and ****ing the team over in the first game of the playoffs with a power trip".

Not our training camp but pretty big news. Zion absolutely needs to slim down if he's going to stay healthy. With as crazy of an athlete and how much force/torque he puts on his body he needs to eliminate as much bad weight as possible... I'm not sure we see this guy ever have a prolonged healthy 3-4 year term. I feel honestly terrible for Pelican fans... its the hope that kills you.

Me with a shocked face "can't believe our head trainer is out after totally clashing with our star player and ****ing the team over in the first game of the playoffs with a power trip".

Interesting on Morway. Curious about the thinking there. When DL got his promotional title a couple years back and they made JZ “GM,” I would have thought that would be the time Morway may feel slighted if his goal was to step up higher, while clearly seeing himself lower in the pecking order. Curious about this.

Interesting on Morway. Curious about the thinking there. When DL got his promotional title a couple years back and they made JZ “GM,” I would have thought that would be the time Morway may feel slighted if his goal was to step up higher, while clearly seeing himself lower in the pecking order. Curious about this.
I don't know what the job titles actually mean... sometimes its like a bank... everyone is a VP of something so hard to tell who is who's boss.

I have liked JZ a lot thus far. I had my issues with DL but he deserves a lot of credit for really helping build the culture/infrastructure here. That stuff matters... some of the sloppy mistakes of the last few years were tough. He is a guy I would hire if I was Sacramento, New Orleans, Minnesota... I think the foundation work gets overlooked. You may have to find another guy for the finish work.

I don’t know anything about his personality or temperament, but if he really was able to be a dog and realize that if he brought some noticeable nasty and attitude, that he’s be able to fill a vacuum and a role on this team that isn’t really there. Go out there and fight a few dudes and he’s got a lot of intangible value.

So many guys want to be the scorer and end up being a chucker in this league. Guys who emphasize what they're best at and make that their mission tend to stick around and excel. If Eric is down to be team-first, take out the garbage, hustle, be physical, play defense and set good picks he's going to demand minutes.

Kyrie, Wiggins, Jonathan Isaac... some of these guys are apparently willing to sit games out rather than get the vaccine... I wonder if we have any of those guys on our roster? They don't have the mandate in Utah. I just think its a little wild. My wife refuses to get the vaccine too... I've stopped talking to her about it.

Kyrie, Wiggins, Jonathan Isaac... some of these guys are apparently willing to sit games out rather than get the vaccine... I wonder if we have any of those guys on our roster? They don't have the mandate in Utah. I just think its a little wild. My wife refuses to get the vaccine too... I've stopped talking to her about it.
Jazz team 100% vaccinated.

Someone translate this for me.

Rudy “I hate Donovan and he needs to give me the ball”

Donovan “Rudy can’t play defense in the playoffs when teams go five out doe we have players who can sub in for him… also I hate Rudy and Utah”.

Joe Ingles “screw both you arseholes”

It doesn't matter if we have a team full of all-defense level defenders, if the scheme and principles don't change we are going to have another historical defensive collapse.