What's new

Mehmet Was in Coaches Office After Clippers' Game?!?

Sexual Favors

@DjJazzyJody

Mehmet Okur just walked out of the Jazz coaches office and joked with reporters. "You all waiting for me? You don't have to."

Speculations?

Here's mine:

He is serious about mentoring Kanter. 2014-15 will be the season of the Kanter 3 ball!

okur wants to get a paycheck.

wtf is he gona teach to kanter that other coaches and players cant? how to eat turkish food and not have farts?

Not sure what he can really teach him about shooting 3's.

1) Be slower than everyone else so your man forgets about you on transition.

2) Drift out on picks.

@DjJazzyJody

Speculations?

Here's mine:

He is serious about mentoring Kanter. 2014-15 will be the season of the Kanter 3 ball!

You think Kanter not shooting threes has anything to do with anything besides what he's allowed to do by the coaching staff?

You think Kanter not shooting threes has anything to do with anything besides what he's allowed to do by the coaching staff?

It has everything to do with coaching staff, and our FO. Philosophy with young guys has always been precept upon precept, sometimes rightfully so.

But, I think the jazz have always had an attitude of heirarchy. If a respected vet were to work with Kanter and teach him what he already knows, then they would be more inclined to let him do it in a game.

It's the same thing with Trey. Trey ran the offense all through high school, and at Michigan, but now Trey must be reduced to an off the ball player so he can learn the non-existing Jazz system from his vet, Hayward. Jazz like reduce their youngins and then have a franchise established talent teach them what they already know, so they can be allowed to do it.

With Marvin down Ty is looking for a veteran stretch 4 who's career needs resurrecting. Sorry Kanter, sorry Gobert, you can develop basketball skills this summer, now it's money time!

Is Okur's selling himself on coaching a Turkish player because he's Turkish?

It's not like Kanter is some shy intimidated kid because he lives in a different culture - seems a bit unnecessary considering for the most part Okur was lazy player who survived because his skill level outweighed his work ethics.

Besides, easily one of the top 5 moves by this organization in the last dozen years or so was getting Okur's bloated contract off their books before he went **** up - should probably leave well enough alone.

Besides, easily one of the top 5 moves by this organization in the last dozen years or so was getting Okur's bloated contract off their books before he went **** up - should probably leave well enough alone.

Very unfair characterization of Okur. He was playing the best ball of his career when he went down with the Achilles injury.

The pregame interviews on Friday, someone asked him about shooting 3s. He replied by laughing and saying something like, ask coach if I can.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I never thought that Memo played dumb, it's just that having a high BB IQ wasn't enough when you are the slowest player -- not named Yao Ming -- in the NBA. Maybe he would be an excellent NBA coach.

On the other hand, maybe he dropped in just to say hi to Corbin.

The pregame interviews on Friday, someone asked him about shooting 3s. He replied by laughing and saying something like, ask coach if I can.

Did I mention I want Corbin gone?