What's new

Melo as a one year rental

I remember reading something that Denver really wanted AK47 (or a couple other players like Gerald Wallace) as part of a Melo trade. With that in mind would you be willing to give up two or three draft picks for a one year rental of Melo? Odds are that if he was traded to Utah he would not resign but if he played hard the Jazz could be dangerous for one year. As I see it two of the biggest problems for the Jazz are Deron is the only player, at the moment, that the defense has to fear and the jazz are getting next to zero production from the wings (this has been a problem for a while because the inconsistent play of Brewer, Miles, AK, and Korver). So would Carmelo be a worth giving up all that for a one year run at the title?

Having followed the Jazz for the past 15 years, this certainly sounds like a move the organization will attempt to make, especially since New York and Salt Lake City are both high on Melo's list of preferred destinations. Melo's people of Utah rejoice!

Having followed the Jazz for the past 15 years, this certainly sounds like a move the organization will attempt to make, especially since New York and Salt Lake City are both high on Melo's list of preferred destinations. Melo's people of Utah rejoice!

Read what I posted I said would you? not the organization cause they probably wouldn't. Nor did I say Melo wanted to come hear that is why it would be a one year rental. It's not that hard people.

Anthony would not fit into this sytem with his current game. Like Jefferson, he is too dependent on individual moves at this point. ONe year would not be enough to make a championship run.

Also, Anthony is a volume scorer, but he is not an efficiant scorer.

Anthony is used to be the top dog. Will he play second-banana to Williams? Doesn't seem the type.

So, Anthony on the Jazz for one year looks like a horrible idea to me.

Now that your post has received one serious reply more than it deserves, no one else will need to do anything besides mock you.

if you have a chance at a guy like Melo, you take it. He has more talent in his pinky finger than most of our team. He may have some character flaws, but he could easily play in Sloans system. I certainly can't imagine him doing any worse than our current set of wing players. However, the year after the rental would be where the risk lies. But yes, I would give up the likes of CJ/AK for Melo for one year.

Basically, yeah, I would. I would take melo for one year. Even trading AK for him.

Would that happen?

No. Not a move this organization could make, not in the realm of possibility.

Are you retarded?

Snappy commentary on what I said. You are my intellectual superior! How can one argue with that type of argument? Just so that you're aware I was not condoning mocking, only point out that the more left lending members of our fine society tend to believe that mocking in any form is wrong. That idea I completely agree with those very proud left leaning people. While CLUTCH is supporting mocking of everyone which is wrong.....

Yup, yes, hellsya! If you think otherwise then you're a dumb ****ing dunce. AK for Mello? Where's the paperwork? You bet your *** even the dead guy would rise to pull this off. Forget all the other haters. WhinylAlone will cry "I want a championship, and I want it nowwwwww!", but he ain't got what it takes. Stern pulls the trigger on that one and tells the Jazz to like it regardless.

Melo as a one year rental? Not if he joins the Circus and sets up shop in the tattoo tent with his buddy, pal and friend the Birdman!