What's new

Memo done for the season

He just should not have rushed back the recovery process of achilles injury. All of the later injuries have been the direct or indirect result of that. I think he tried everything to get back to wearing the Jazz uniform and maybe did not take his time. I have no doubts about his character and wish him the best.

I wish he had pulled a Boozer and had taken his time. For the team? For me, it's better because there is no question marks left and they ,now, know who they will play along with. Even though KOC says Memo might return to play playoff basketball (if the Jazz can get there), I do not think it would be good for the team.

moon.jpg

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?5092-Anyone-know-what-the-big-announcement-is

saw him at bonneville golf course yesterday. apparently the guys in the pro shop were giving him crap about golfing but sitting the season out and he wasn't too happy about that.... there is no best buy in the pro shop

Definetly for the best. Imagine all the hate he would get if his name was Carlos Boozer though, although Booz never tore ACL.
I bet he struggles through next year then retires.

saw him at bonneville golf course yesterday. apparently the guys in the pro shop were giving him crap about golfing but sitting the season out and he wasn't too happy about that.... there is no best buy in the pro shop

I actually did see Memo at Best Buy buying video games. But no rumors to share.

So we lose Boozer AND Okur from last year, not to mention Millsap during the stretch run, and STILL are in the playoff hunt. That's our entire front line out; Wow... I thought Evans and Favors both stepped up their games last night, which we'll need more of the coming weeks.

Are the Jazz getting extra scared about fans falling completely off the wagon or something? Why wait 2 extra weeks and continue making these so-called big announcements? It's like they're trying to spoon feed us a little nicotine candy, but really only have manure and a pitch fork.

Jazz got good return on their investment this year. ;)FYI - Memo had back issues prior to giving him his extension so these back issues may or may not just be issues he had before.

I actually had forgotten about Memo a few weeks ago so its good to know he is still on the team. I just don't know where he fits on the team at this point especially if the Jazz draft another center in the draft or if Tomic comes over. I guess Okur could be a backup center for a year if he is healthy.

Dang, we lost Memo for the year.... can anything else go wrong.
He has been such a big contributor.

Really though, it's best that he takes his time to get back the right way and not rush it.
We wouldn't want him to rush it, and have it lead to a sprained ankle like happened to Boozer when he rushed back.

Are the Jazz getting extra scared about fans falling completely off the wagon or something? Why wait 2 extra weeks and continue making these so-called big announcements? It's like they're trying to spoon feed us a little nicotine candy, but really only have manure and a pitch fork.

It would have been a lengthy and classic press conference if the resignation of Sloan and Johnson, the trade of Deron and the news that Memo is out for the season all crammed into one...

Dang, we lost Memo for the year.... can anything else go wrong.
He has been such a big contributor.

Really though, it's best that he takes his time to get back the right way and not rush it.
We wouldn't want him to rush it, and have it lead to a sprained ankle like happened to Boozer when he rushed back.

I bow before you superior mastery of the ancient art of sarcasm. You are the master.