What's new

Memo for Oden+rudy fermadenz?

dwayne_avail

Jailblazers decided not to renew Oden's contract, is there a way jazz can swing a deal to get Oden before he becomes a free agent?
maybe Memo for Oden+Fermandez?

i think its a risk jazz should take, u pretty much know what u going to get out from Memo, this guy's inside game means shooting inside the 3 point line!

on the other hand, Oden is a big unknown, sure he is often hurt, but he is shot blocker with huge offensive potential that we should gamble on, jazz can probably sign him to an extenstion at reasonable price (maybe 5 mil/year) for multi-year.

Memo wil probably be gone by end of this year anyway, he wants at least 10+mil per year, with the contract of Jefferson and Milsap, i dont think jazz would invest 10+ mil on a center that shoots more 3-pointers than shooting guard and plays below average defense.

Finally a trade or sign thread of yours that I actually like. We'd have to be idiots not to do this if the possibility was there. But sadly, no such possibility exists.

i think its a risk jazz should take, u pretty much know what u going to get out from Memo, this guy's inside game means shooting inside the 3 point line!

on the other hand, Oden is a big unknown, sure he is often hurt, but he is shot blocker with huge offensive potential that we should gamble on, jazz can probably sign him to an extenstion at reasonable price (maybe 5 mil/year) for multi-year.

Memo wil probably be gone by end of this year anyway, he wants at least 10+mil per year, with the contract of Jefferson and Milsap, i dont think jazz would invest 10+ mil on a center that shoots more 3-pointers than shooting guard and plays below average defense.
Memo is still under contract for next season. Unless the CBA changes drastically (or Oden sits out the entire season...), Oden's going to command more money than that.

Blazers need a C who can play right away. That would be the first roadblock for this trade. But I would make that trade in second if I'm Jazz. But no way Blazers would do it for many other reasons. Also Oden would be a RFA and no guarantee Jazz have resources to sign him.

Blazers need a C who can play right away. That would be the first roadblock for this trade. But I would make that trade in second if I'm Jazz. But no way Blazers would do it for many other reasons. Also Oden would be a RFA and no guarantee Jazz have resources to sign him.
Being an RFA would help the Jazz re-sign him (assuming this impossible trade went through).

Unless Blazers offer him a Wes Matthews type contract. ;)
Which would be, what, $6mil per year? I think the Jazz would match that, and with AK expiring and Memo's contract off the books (which is for much more than the MLE next season), would be in even better financial shape.

Just curious. What about Millsap and Fes for Oden?
Salaries match.
Would anyone do that?

Just curious. What about Millsap and Fes for Oden?
Salaries match.
Would anyone do that?

As much as I love Millsap, I would do this. When Oden has been on the court, he has been great defensively. Obviously the big risk would be his health. Imagine a frontcourt of Oden and Al, with Memo off the bench. We would be huge.

As for the original proposed trade, no way Portland would do it. How about Memo+Miles for Oden and Fernandez? Maybe even include Fes or Elson.

Since dwayne_avail only posts about hypothetically unrealistic trades, how about we trade the originial poster to RealGM Forums for 2 conditional posters?

While we're dreaming... I'd like Memo + Miles for Oden + Matthews much better... Or Memo + Miles + Price -for- Oden + Matthews + Fernandez...

As much as I love Millsap, I would do this. When Oden has been on the court, he has been great defensively. Obviously the big risk would be his health. Imagine a frontcourt of Oden and Al, with Memo off the bench. We would be huge.

If the season consisted of 30 games YES. Unfortunately it does not.