What's new

Memo having bad luck, and other injury news

We're okay without him. Rest him until he's healthy and he's a lot more valuable to us fully healthy than hobbled and even slower.

I would think the same way before, but in real world, IMO things do not work like that. Unless Memo plays in real games, not only scrimmages, how will you consider him fully healthy and more importantly fully engaged in system and consider his new role in this roster reliably established? The Jazz always are careful in such cases and I trust coach Sloan's decisions on arranging Memo's PT. It's difficult to get in NBA season rhythm after spending too many times without touching the basketball, doing basketball drills in gym. After such an extended period of time, your body, initially, might react to the attempts to get into the game rhythm with those kind of nagging injuries. Memo has to live with that for some time but that should not mean that we keep him inactive.

....I don't have anything against Okur. I like him a whole lot more than I did Boozer. Maybe subconsciously I associate him with Boozer, thus having gotten rid of Boozer and his pathetic defense, I was looking to move on without Okur, too. Of course, you are fanatical in your love for him. So I will tread more carefully when discussing his plus and minuses as a contributor to the Jazz success!

I'm a Jazz fan regadless of Okur's presence or absence. I do not sleep in game days (games usually start btw 2:00-5:00 AM here) just to watch Jazz basketball, I'm watching every game possible. Memo will not be there in 2-3 years but hopefully I will be right there. I hope my nickname, and the fact that my fav. player is Memo will not let you misunderstand my standpoint as a fan. Your initial post was unfortunate, and a lot of Jazzfans have the same wrong info. This thread actually is very informative, IMO.

More updates. This is sounding more serious than initially thought. Definitely feel bad for Memo.

No Jazz players questioned were in contact with Okur today. All were surprised about MRI and sad to hear about his back issue.

Link
Jazz's Price said that Okur looked great during two recent practices and played "out of his mind."

Link
No Jazz players questioned had any idea about how long he will be out. Not even Kirilenko had spoken with him about back issue.

Link
Jazz's Sloan would barely discuss Okur or the fact that three key Utah players are out vs. Blazers. Said team just has to play, try to win.

Link