What's new

Memorizing Help

I didnt know Goonies was ever made into a stage play. Cool!

Oh THESpian. I thought he meant he was a girl that likes girls.

Which is just fine after all I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

After telling her that this is a ridiculous assignment, maybe try memorizing the first word of each of the 14 paragraphs. In order. Then, move on to memorizing the first sentence of each paragraph. Again, in order. Then your brain will fill in 80% of the rest of the paragraph on its own (you'll need to memorize key/interesting words in each paragraph to complete the remaining 20%). In other words, start small then move up...all in order of appearance in the text.

I seriously have Vinylone on one shoulder telling me I'm going to fail miserably and KEK on the other telling me to own that ****. Seriously, I can't decide which one to listen to.

Reverse psychology you moran. You should have strived harder once VINYLONE told you that you were going to FAIL. That blowhard would love to see you fail.

Talk to the dean. Professors love it when you talk to the dean.

And don't sweat it too much, you will do fine.

Reverse psychology you moran. You should have strived harder once VINYLONE told you that you were going to FAIL. That blowhard would love to see you fail.

2heads_army-of-darkness.jpg

Another tip is to NOT sit down and expect to memorize the whole 14 paragraphs in one massive 6-hour cramming session. Work for a half hour, take a 5 or 6 minute break. Work again, take a break. Reward yourself with 10 minutes/hour and stop totally after 3 hours. Take a 2 hour break then start again.

Keep the TV off. Music is fine, but preferably something you don't know the tune/lyrics of. Avoid facebook/checking emails/and *sigh* posting on JF.

After telling her that this is a ridiculous assignment, maybe try memorizing the first word of each of the 14 paragraphs. In order. Then, move on to memorizing the first sentence of each paragraph. Again, in order. Then your brain will fill in 80% of the rest of the paragraph on its own (you'll need to memorize key/interesting words in each paragraph to complete the remaining 20%). In other words, start small then move up...all in order of appearance in the text.

sort of amplifying on what trout said, it might help if you think of it as sort of a dialogue, if that's possible

and chemdude has a good idea above, though I would rewrite the first couple lines from each paragraph plus key words and memorize that - - as he said, your brain will sort of fill in what's missing

Aren't you guys about 1 week into the new semester? And they are already pulling the ******** out? Do you have to take this class?