What's new

Men are pigs

jimmy eat jazz

Ok, I'm too depressed to talk basketball today. So, here's something I've long wondered. I was reading about the woman who has accused Carolina Panther owner Jerry Richardson with sexual harassment, and this fits the common pattern of old/overweight/unattractive men who sexually harass young/shapely/attractive women, AS IF these young, hot 20-30 somethings find old/overweight/unattractive somehow sexually desirable. Whereas men are sexually attracted to young, attractive women, it's as if these men think the converse is never true, that these women look at these old/overweight/unattractive men and routinely think to themselves, "Oh yeah, I want to tap that." Take, for example, Donald Trump. By all objective measures of physical attractiveness, the man's a pig. Yet, he seems to think that women routinely find him sexually desirable.

It reminds of years ago when I had a long commute back home after work. I'd listen to this radio show with two co-hosts. These guys were funny at times, but they routinely objectified women for physical attractiveness. I was curious one day, so I googled them. They were both badly overweight, middle-aged men, and I had a hard time believing that the average woman (attractive or not) found these guys sexually alluring.

I understand that money and power play into this, that's it's not all about physical attractiveness, but it does seem to me that men can be a wee bit disconnected from reality at times about how attractive they are to women. Men, I've concluded, tend to badly overrate how attractive women actually find them. They talk about how they'd like to do this and that to these young, beautiful women but never seem to realize that the vast majority of these women would be grossed out at the thought of seeing these guys naked, let alone having sex with them.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. Now back to being depressed.

Men are not pigs... some men are pigs... and the pigs do things that get a lot of attention...

I have yet to have a newspaper article written about how I am a faithful husband, attentive father, and work really hard to provide my wife and daughters great life opportunities. Also, I have had several female employees and no one has written anything about how I treat them fairly and with respect.

There are many pigs out there but there are many more good men out there. This conversation should continue because it is important but we shouldn’t use absolutes.

Gee, I always thought a person's level of attractiveness was the basis for the type of person they were attracted to, but this breakthrough idea of yours really does make some sense. It would even help to answer that ultimate mystery that has befuddled generations: Why do supermodels get so much attention? Have you considered publishing your thesis in a scientific journal for testing and peer review?

Men are not pigs... some men are pigs... and the pigs do things that get a lot of attention...

I have yet to have a newspaper article written about how I am a faithful husband, attentive father, and work really hard to provide my wife and daughters great life opportunities. Also, I have had several female employees and no one has written anything about how I treat them fairly and with respect.

There are many pigs out there but there are many more good men out there. This conversation should continue because it is important but we shouldn’t use absolutes.
Why do honest, upstanding men like yourself have to come in here and **** up this groundbreaking research? Bugger off!

It is partly women to blame. There is a saying, men love with eyes, women love with ears. So ugly, overweight dude can still score well if he knows how to talk and present himself. Ugly overweight girl on the other hand has better chance in making dude drunk to get some interest. Of course there are exceptions to this but general tendency is like that.

Gee, I always thought a person's level of attractiveness was the basis for the type of person they were attracted to, but this breakthrough idea of yours really does make some sense. It would even help to answer that ultimate mystery that has befuddled generations: Why do supermodels get so much attention? Have you considered publishing your thesis in a scientific journal for testing and peer review?

How about this for a thesis topic: "Readers who mistake obviously facetious and tongue-in-cheek posts as attempts at serious social commentary and critique them as such"?

Long story short here, it turns out biologically-speaking that men are attracted to youthful beauty and women are attracted to wealth and power (to a certain point). So it's not uncommon to see older, wealthy and powerful men dating young and attractive women and vice versa. Men who are too old and truly unattractive, however, are just being played for their money.

Yeah, how about that pos girl from the tv show Smallville who was part of a cult that recruited women and turned them into sex slaves. Great woman. And no women out there are money-grubbing pos's too, looking for a quick buck.

Yes, some men are pigs. I'm one without being a pos if that makes sense. But women aren't always so innocent.

Last edited:
but then there is one more thing. I bet only few women would find this guy attractive. And yet I would bet he banged more women than all Jazzfanz guys here combined.

5byrPUc__400x400.jpeg

Long story short here, it turns out biologically-speaking that men are attracted to youthful beauty and women are attracted to wealth and power (to a certain point). So it's not uncommon to see older, wealthy and powerful men dating young and attractive women and vice versa. Men who are too old and truly unattractive, however, are just being played for their money.

So, biologically speaking, women are attracted to a feature that is not biological?

Was that supposed to be rhetorical? Of course they are not biological traits. They are social traits, and the means vary from culture to culture.

You seem to be focusing on the hive impact on personality traits and forgetting that, yes, these traits are biological in origin. Sure, the hive can alter how somebody acts or reacts, but those actions still come from a biological brain. Culture can only shape your genetic makeup to a certain extent.

I'll leave at this: evolution of apex predator attraction seems to center around both power and dimorphism traits. The lion's mane, the silverback gorilla. Straight human women are clearly different than this.

You seem to be focusing on the hive impact on personality traits and forgetting that, yes, these traits are biological in origin. Sure, the hive can alter how somebody acts or reacts, but those actions still come from a biological brain. Culture can only shape your genetic makeup to a certain extent.

I'll leave at this: evolution of apex predator attraction seems to center around both power and dimorphism traits. The lion's mane, the silverback gorilla. Straight human women are clearly different than this.

As a side note, gorillas are not predators.

Many straight female lions in a pride will mate with the non-dominant males. Many straight females in gorilla group mate with non-dominant males. Plenty of straight, human females mate with mate with non-dominant males, even the older, uglier ones. All the females in these groups have the same basic biology.

However, you changed the topic from your previous question. Regardless of with whom women choose to mate, "The ability to obtain wealth, power, be a leader or make a woman laugh" are not biological traits. They are social traits, and the ability of people to assume varies greatly both between and within cultures. A man capable of generating great wealth in one culture may be incapable of doing so in anther.

search

Edit: I don't know what I do wrong with images. :(

This was supposed to be the old comic where the unattractive, overweight man looks in a mirror and sees a buff, handsome stud. A thin, pretty girl looks in a mirror and sees an ugly, fat woman.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, I suppose.

Last edited: