What's new

Mental Health Resource

Jaymz

So I thought I would share this resource because it has been a huge help to me.
Specifically with dealing with my recent divorce. Among multitudes of other things I won’t discuss here.
There is also an obvious increase in mental illness among people today due to various reasons.

This is a community based channel/website

This therapist operates from the standpoint that there isn’t anything wrong with your brain, it’s doing exactly what it’s designed to do. protect yourself.

All you have to do is listen and you’ll gain tons of benefits.

I’ve been able to just listen in the background while doing chores.

Happy healing.

I don't really feel like there is an increase in mental illness. I just think societal/behavioral tolerances (I'm using this term in a technical/mechanical sense) were less strict in the past. Today we are all expected to perform like a standard human unit and there isn't a lot of room to deviate from the norm.

Violent crime, kidnapping, rape, incest, murder, etc., was far more common in the 30s than it is today. It was also much more accepted. It was just something people did sometimes because people were weird and dangerous. Now we have a much higher expectation that people are going to be safe and normal, and a much much higher expectation that out society should be completely free from crazy weirdos.

This just shines a light on anything we do that is different and people notice this more often. We, as individuals notice our own "divergence" from the norm more easily and we are expected to find and correct these things in ourselves.

It is stressful and unrealistic IMHO

I don't really feel like there is an increase in mental illness. I just think societal/behavioral tolerances (I'm using this term in a technical/mechanical sense) were less strict in the past. Today we are all expected to perform like a standard human unit and there isn't a lot of room to deviate from the norm.

Violent crime, kidnapping, rape, incest, murder, etc., was far more common in the 30s than it is today. It was also much more accepted. It was just something people did sometimes because people were weird and dangerous. Now we have a much higher expectation that people are going to be safe and normal, and a much much higher expectation that out society should be completely free from crazy weirdos.

This just shines a light on anything we do that is different and people notice this more often. We, as individuals notice our own "divergence" from the norm more easily and we are expected to find and correct these things in ourselves.

It is stressful and unrealistic IMHO

Well.. that’s a lot.

I guess I should say an obvious increase in the last decade… with regards to technology?

I can see what you’re saying here though.

I never intended to try and correct my thinking as much as understand it.

Click on any video that reaches out to you. I think you’ll be impressed. Whether it relates to you or because it sparks in interest in how others think, watch one all the way through.