What's new

Michael Gilchrist

The draft needs to be done like the MLB draft. Either you enter as a high schooler or you go to school for 3 years. It benefits the pro game and the college game. I don't see why this hasn't been done yet, it's a proven model.

I think kids making the jump straight from high school is bad for the NBA on so many levels;
- much more financially risky
- the kid brings zero collegiate fanbase with them to the pro team
- NBA scouts, agents, runners, etc .. all in high school gyms across America .. no.
- Not to mention the additional travel burden, time, and money (as the kids are at 10 times as many high schools as colleges)

I'm also not in favor of a 3 year rule because way too many of our star players would just head to Europe for 3 years. Again, adding to the cost to scout and losing the added marketability of what would have been the players collegiate fanbase.

I think two-and-done makes most sense. More collegiate love for the player, less risk after seeing 2 years of development. I guarantee this will not be a sticking point for the NBPA.

Should we be worried that the OP is spending all of his time inspecting and searching the webz for high school boyz?

I like Gilchrist's game a lot and would love him to be our '12 pick, but PKM, you have to admit the kid isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Z76aU_iic

I like Gilchrist's game a lot and would love him to be our '12 pick, but PKM, you have to admit the kid isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Great, great kid. Truly awful interviewee.

We can use our pick, the GS pick, 1 future 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, plus Karl Malone's jersey from the rafters for Barnes.

I asked my friend how Gilchrist was in class. He said he worked hard but as far as public speaking, he gets very nervous and is awful. Not necessarily that he's not that bright though he may not be either.

Dr. J was a horrible interviewer early in his career but over time the players get use to being interview. Favors isn't actually a chatter box. I just care if the guys can play.

Dr. J was a horrible interviewer early in his career but over time the players get use to being interview. Favors isn't actually a chatter box. I just care if the guys can play.

I agree. Gilchrist will be as good as Dr. J (who is my neighbor, by the way).

/reaching

Ha...if you think that's bad you should check out Eric Bledsoe. His first press conference I immediately felt bad for Kentucky teachers, well, not really cause I knew he wasn't gonna do any school work anyways.

Ha...if you think that's bad you should check out Eric Bledsoe. His first press conference I immediately felt bad for Kentucky teachers, well, not really cause I knew he wasn't gonna do any school work anyways.

Collective 3.15 GPA since Cal's arrival. Keep on hatin' though! :)

Ha, ok I know nothing about Kentucky specifically but for a lot of big name programs in NCAA Basketball and Football, these kids GPA's need to be taken with a grain of salt. In a lot of cases they have a personal tutor for each class that basically does the work for them......on top of taking some of the easiest classes known to man. "Sleeping in till noon then eating a burrito 1010" could very well be a required class for Kentucky freshman that have zero intention of getting their degree.

*off soapbox*

Are you telling me that Eric Bledsoe had a 3.15 GPA or that Kentucky BBall has had a 3.15 since Cal has arrived? Because I find both very hard to believe, especially since the year Beldsoe was at Kentucky, the bball team had a 2.025 GPA in the fall semester and a 2.18 in the spring. And that was with John Wall boosting it up with a 3.5...

Gillie's killing it and his measurement's are in from the Lebron Skills Academy;

6'7.5
228 (4.9% body fat)
6'10 wingspan

He's still very young. I'd say it's very conceivable he'll be coming into the league as a 6'8 - 6'8.5 245lb pure SF with a mountain of skill. I think the Pippen comparison is a very good one.

That DX Gilchrist interview is just PAINFUL. But intelligence doesn't manifest itself exclusively through speech. Probably the most brilliant person I know isn't very elaborate or quick off the draw when talking, uses bizarre terminology and just says weird stuff sometimes. But I've never seen someone work with math and/or engineering like he does. And when he can write his words out, he'll knock you over.

Getting to the point, Gilchrist seems to have a speech impediment.

That DX Gilchrist interview is just PAINFUL. But intelligence doesn't manifest itself exclusively through speech. Probably the most brilliant person I know isn't very elaborate or quick off the draw when talking, uses bizarre terminology and just says weird stuff sometimes. But I've never seen someone work with math and/or engineering like he does. And when he can write his words out, he'll knock you over.

*awkwardly blushes*