What's new

Mike Conley Appreciation Thread

If someone made a thread about Conley ending child hunger in Utah lopo would come in and be like "yeah but he has missed playoff games"

If someone made a thread about Conley ending child hunger in Utah lopo would come in and be like "yeah but he has missed playoff games"
Nah. You take it out of context.

I like Mike as a person. He's a good dude. Seems like an awesome teammate. As a player, I have very high standards for him because what he has cost us ($90+ million over three years) and the assets used in the trade.

Nah. You take it out of context.

I like Mike as a person. He's a good dude. Seems like an awesome teammate. As a player, I have very high standards for him because what he has cost us ($90+ million over three years) and the assets used in the trade.
@Saint Cy of JFC

That's what you don't get Cy. I loved Favors the person and player, but I wanted to trade him because I knew he was a bad fit next to Rudy. People on here, including you, relentlessly bashed me for wanting to trade Favors. In hindsight, we missed a massive opportunity by not trading him sooner. Then we did late for only a 2nd. Then we re-signed him only to use assets to dump his contract.

We are all playing wannabe GM here. GM's have to make tough decisions sometimes regardless of how great the player and person is. Team comes first.

@Saint Cy of JFC

That's what you don't get Cy. I loved Favors the person and player, but I wanted to trade him because I knew he was a bad fit next to Rudy. People on here, including you, relentlessly bashed me for wanting to trade Favors. In hindsight, we missed a massive opportunity by not trading him sooner. Then we did late for only a 2nd. Then we re-signed him only to use assets to dump his contract.

We are all playing wannabe GM here. GM's have to make tough decisions sometimes regardless of how great the player and person is. Team comes first.
Find receipts

I think you’re right about clutch time, but you’re failing to acknowledge his age, his size and the fact that his minutes are restricted. He’s a good fit but not a great one and the fact that he’s having a good season is all the more reason to trade now IMO. Sentimentality is one thing but this is a business after all.
I think he just isn't a good fit. He is a good player so he will help us be better, but he isn't the PG we needed, or need now. But maybe he is the PG we deserved?

You already lied about bashing me about Kuzma so I'm not going to research your comments towards me about trading Favors. I'm not going to waste my time when you're just going to show again your complete lack of integrity.
Lmao

I like Mike a lot. He's good at basketball. I wish he would turn to the dark side and get a little edgey. Get a technical and then go full *******.

One underappreciated thing I don't think about much but should... when it started really bad here and there was noise of him coming off the bench and all sorts of **** going on... he could have given up and moved on emotionally. He didn't have an attachment to this market and it was a new group of dudes. He stayed in the fight and figured it out. Big props for that Mike. Appreciation given.

For the record I was not on the trade for Conley group but only because of his age and a little bit because of his large contract that MEM game him.

IMO the only things that Conley is not a great fit is his size and somewhat his age. Everything about his game IMO is a great fit.

I do not think the Jazz overpaid for Conley the player but given the size of his contract the Jazz should've been able to hold onto 1 of the 2 picks they gave MEM, as they needed the actual players to make the salary work and MEM could and did flip those players for more draft picks. However Conley the player is better and will be better than any of the draft picks those players will become so it is hard to say that the Jazz did not win this trade.

I think he just isn't a good fit. He is a good player so he will help us be better, but he isn't the PG we needed, or need now. But maybe he is the PG we deserved?
I can't disagree with you. I know at the time I was campaigning for a sturdier, bigger bodied PG like D. Russell or even a reboot of George Hill on the cheap. Not sure about Russell but the George Hill reboot would have saved us losing Jae Crowder and Grayson Allen (guy's turned into a three and D Beast). Still, it hasn't been all bad. I mean Conley put us on the map and probably had a lot to do with bringing us some free agents on the cheap like Mudiay, Davis, Green, Gay and maybe even Paschall and Whiteside. He fit in well, I'd give the experience a solid B I think.

You already lied about bashing me about Kuzma so I'm not going to research your comments towards me about trading Favors. I'm not going to waste my time when you're just going to show again your complete lack of integrity.
This **** is so easy to do with a quick search.

Here is a thread from in 2019 advocating to trade Favors. https://jazzfanz.com/threads/can-the-jazz-fix-wiggins.109923/#post-1757737

SO please stop making **** up if you cant back it up with some facts.

Wow. 2019. You finally came around when others were saying it a long time before that when he actually had value.

2017 where teh first line is "Im strongly against keeping Favors"

I get reading is hard for people from Alabama so Im giving you a pass.

2017 where teh first line is "Im strongly against keeping Favors"

I get reading is hard for people from Alabama so Im giving you a pass.
Says the guy who can't even type.

So in other words, you just gave me **** to give me **** even though you felt the same way. Makes you way cooler bro.

Says the guy who can't even type.

So in other words, you just gave me **** to give me **** even though you felt the same way. Makes you way cooler bro.
Again, provide receipts. You throw accusations out about stuff and have no idea what you're talking about.

I just listened to Locke. He had some videos of a Mike Conley interview breaking down pick n rolls and other questions. It's worth watching in my opinion.

If you believe our current young players are worth investing in, Mike Conley could be really great for their development.

I just listened to Locke. He had some videos of a Mike Conley interview breaking down pick n rolls and other questions. It's worth watching in my opinion.

If you believe our current young players are worth investing in, Mike Conley could be really great for their development.

I don't disagree with anything you said. The problem is Mike is going to help us win too many games this year. I will take a bottom 3 record and a better chance at Wemby or Scoot over any mentorship Mike may provide for the young guys.

I don't disagree with anything you said. The problem is Mike is going to help us win too many games this year. I will take a bottom 3 record and a better chance at Wemby or Scoot over any mentorship Mike may provide for the young guys.
Yeah, I mostly agree. I think it's going to work itself out though.