What's new

Mike Conley officially re-signs with the Jazz-3 years $68 million (edit: maybe 72.5M)

Anybody talking about how Joe Ingles isn’t Conley’s video… any thoughts on that?

Anybody talking about how Joe Ingles isn’t Conley’s video… any thoughts on that?
Yes. I've got thoughts on it. I think even much less of it than I thought of Conley's wife's packing story on Instagram. It's on par with dutch asking a magic 8 ball. Maybe less. Conley didn't make it. Even if he did...

It's funny how similar Conley and Lowry's career numbers are. It's really nice we got a discount to keep a player. We usually have to over pay free agents. I really hope he stays healthy. He was really good last year when healthy.

Not to rain on the parade about the Conley contract, but his health is a relevant concern and that might explain why he came so much cheaper.

Whatever the case, I’m happy to have him for cheaper than $30 mil.

Last edited:
I like how the general consensus on other various NBA forums is that this is a bargain for the Jazz, and then I come here to see people are complaining about how the Jazz are overpaying for him.
As Lefty/Willie might say, if you got the money honey, I got the time...kind of positioned ourselves into this but it’s not a bad hand to be dealt. With good health and decent role players the sky’s the limit.

I like how the general consensus on other various NBA forums is that this is a bargain for the Jazz, and then I come here to see people are complaining about how the Jazz are overpaying for him.
They didn't just watch their championship hopes destroyed by his ****** hamstring. Sure on paper it looks like a bargain. Considering he has only played in about 2/3 of possible games and less than half of the playoff games in 2 years it's a fairly hefty gamble on an aging player with known and chronic injury issues hopefully being healthier as he gets older.

tenor.gif

I think the contract is too long. I wish it was two years, but it was him or nothing, so I’m glad the Jazz retained him. I just hope the Jazz are willing to part ways at the first sign of declining health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the contract is too long. I wish it was two years, but it was him or nothing, so I’m glad the Jazz retained him. I just hope the Jazz are willing to part ways at the first sign of declining health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Jazz usually have to add an extra year on contract to keep/get people.

Utah Jazz, the retirement home of the future. Looks like we are locking in contracts to the walking dead.

Utah Jazz, the retirement home of the future. Looks like we are locking in contracts to the walking dead.
This is what “win now” teams do. There are no durability questions with Rudy Gay. I’d much rather have a 35 year old that will play the season than a busted down 28 y.o. that won’t play at all. This is about the best you could have hoped for for $6mil if the idea is to win now.