What's new

Mike D'Antoni has resigned as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers | SI.com

Mike D'Antoni steps down - BAD NEWS for our coaching spot

1.Messina is considered for Lakers.
2.Hollison is interested.
3.All BIG names will wait for Lakers decision.
4.even Kerr is asking.

I actually agree. I could see Messina getting the Lakers job. He was an assistant for them. I know that people don't want to hear it on this page, but, I really do think that Jim Boylen could be the favorite right now.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

mefnirV.gif

Damn I hate the Lakers. I think they make it a point to mess with anything Utah related.

Damn I hate the Lakers. I think they make it a point to mess with anything Utah related.

IF Messina chooses the Lakers over the Jazz then screw him. I know why a coach would want the Lakers because of their success in the past but has anyone looked at their roster? It is a mess. Kobe is not nor will he be the same player. Gasol most likely is gone. Nash will not take a buyout and is done. Kobe's new contract is a major obstacle in bringing in FAs. So you get to live in LA and enjoy the weather and fame but if the Lakers keep losing the fans will turn on you in a second because they are use to having teams vying for championships.

I just don't think LA is as great a job as it use to be. Jim Buss the owner is horrible. Next year is basically a wasted year due to bad financial decisions. So Kobe is going to pout the whole year. They got rid of Jackson and then they've fired Mike Brown after six games, then refused to bring Jackson back and hired D'Antoni. A coach whose style alienated Dwight Howard and Paul Gasol which is a major reason why neither will be on the roster next year. It just doesn't sound like the Laker job is as glamorous as people make it sound. Instability and uncertainty are not things you want to deal with as a new coach especially in an environment where winning championships are expected. That is A LOT of pressure.

Now the Jazz can provide stability and a more hopeful future. There is less pressure than LA and while the weather isn't as nice, it is cheaper to live and have a more normal life than LA. Looking at the roster, one can see at least the opportunity to build a contender rather quickly. The Jazz have a ton of cap space with a roster full of good/very good players. While also having a top 5 pick this year and future unprotected 2017 pick. The new coach has a chance to build his own legacy, just imagine if the new coach were able to take this group of talented but somewhat unproven cast of young players and turn them into champions. He would be the talk of the town (yes a small town) but he would truly be exalted as a great coach accomplishing something no other Jazz coach was able to do. He goes to LA and they will say so you won big deal.. how many more are you going to win?

that's all truth, the pressure is ON in LA- if Lakers offer Messina or another first class coach long term contract for big money. We have small chance for this battle.

There must be many coaches who would love to have a roster this promising like the Jazz. One name is not everything. I just hope for the best. I hope Lindsey takes the Euro road regardless.

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Big surprise. Until the announcement, the Lakers had stated D'Antoni would be back. I guess faced with the loss of Gasol and alienation of Kobe, who both despise D'Antoni, the choice was clear. And to think they could have had Jackson, but now he's with a different organization. Kind of like Corbin/Hornacek.