What's new

Mike D'Antoni

I ****in hate the guy! Love to wipe that smug grin off his face! But that’s only because he’s mopped the floor with us so many times! Guy’s a proven winner, definitely count me in. Anyway MSN is already linking him as a possible candidate.

Hell no! We need a coach that will focus on player development and if successful will stick around for a while. That isn't D'antoni.

Not sure on D'Antoni
He seemed to have one good year with each team, then it seemed he drove them into the ground

Hell no! We need a coach that will focus on player development and if successful will stick around for a while. That isn't D'antoni.
He's like 80. Pass

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Okay so first of all the guy is 71 not 80, huge difference. And he’s a young 71 at that. For comparison Pop is 73 and penciled in for another season. Age is just a number and different for everyone. (Great is great - consider Pat Riley at 77.) NBA record of 672 - 527 - in the top 10 for multi-team coaches. “Pioneer” of positionless basketball according to long time assistant, Kenny Atkinson (the new Charlotte Hornets Coach).

Reasons to hire include: winning record on multiple non-stacked teams. Participation in Team USA coaching - exclusive club of savants. Made ordinary great in the case of Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire. Innovator - 7second offensive scheme would work for our current roster. Nobody made Snyder look worse in the playoffs. Came within a single game (Chris Paul injury) of derailing the Warrior dynasty. Perfect final mentor for Alex Jensen who should then succeed. Contemporary of Danny Ainge who also happens to be one of the winningest coaches in league history.

Last edited:
To go all in on Donovan, if you're trading Rudy, I don't think it's the worst idea
It would really be nice to see what this team could do in a fast paced offensive scheme I think we could retain Alex Jensen in a back up role for eventual promotion in this scenario.

That being said, recent google searches do not list his name as a candidate anymore. So he either dropped out or he’s extending his role as the Rodney Dangerfield of coaches.