What's new

Millsap's Return

Champzz

He was so clutch. I don't know if it's because he's recovered from his injury, or it was just a little r&r, but if he played like this every night I would hope the Jazz keep him. I hope Corbin can work something out with him and Jefferson so we can have them both.

Im curious to find out why the play for the three ball went to CJ when millsap was hot...

Millsap owns Houston - do you think it has anything to do with the fact they play the smallest lineup in the NBA?

but if he played like this every night I would hope the Jazz keep him. .

He doesnt. Which is why he is our best trade bait. If Favors improves rapidly, you should start him alongside Al. Use Millsap+pick to get a wing. Jazz might not do this however as Slowkur is still a question mark for them.They need insurance.

Why doesnt Millsap shoot more 3's during the season? If he can actually hit them at a high % when he is open he should take them. I could see him doing what Derrick WIlliams does at Arizona for us.

He was so clutch. I don't know if it's because he's recovered from his injury, or it was just a little r&r, but if he played like this every night I would hope the Jazz keep him. I hope Corbin can work something out with him and Jefferson so we can have them both.

If Millsap can go for 35 pts on 66% shooting (and 2/3 from 3), 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 blocks on a nightly basis, you consider keeping him.

If Millsap can go for 35 pts on 66% shooting (and 2/3 from 3), 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 blocks on a nightly basis, you consider keeping him.

But he can't, he wears down as has been seen the last 2 seasons. It was not coincidence that he had this game after getting great rest, and against a short team.

Have him be the 2nd team scorer and limit him to 30 minutes. Patellar tendonitis is not trivial and with all his other injuries he could be heading for a short career if the Jazz overuse him. As they have been.

But he can't, he wears down as has been seen the last 2 seasons. It was not coincidence that he had this game after getting great rest, and against a short team.

Have him be the 2nd team scorer and limit him to 30 minutes. Patellar tendonitis is not trivial and with all his other injuries he could be heading for a short career if the Jazz overuse him. As they have been.

While I mostly agree, NO ONE goes for those averages. To say 'if he can play like that every night' is ****ing stupid.

I like Millsap and think the Jazz should keep him. I'm less confident in Al's ability to produce and win at the same time than Sap's if we have to choose a guy out of the two.

I'm all for Millsap taking some more shots from the outside. Not a bunch, but at least run a few plays where he has the opportunity and give him the green light.

You are exactly correct. I hope Corbin's offseason To-Do list includes sitting Millsap down and discussing his role with the team moving forward. He would be so much more effective long-term if he was coming off the bench and being "the guy" on the 2nd unit. It's better for him and it's better for the team.

You are exactly correct. I hope Corbin's offseason To-Do list includes sitting Millsap down and discussing his role with the team moving forward. He would be so much more effective long-term if he was coming off the bench and being "the guy" on the 2nd unit. It's better for him and it's better for the team.

Agreed, but it can be hard for a guy to accept that. I'm sure when Sap signed he knew he was going to be the eventual starter.

I'd love to see Millsap as Utah's Odem. And I personally think that would be a great role to have. He can make a greater impact in the game with the second unit, and the energy he brings can help the starters a lot.