What's new

Milsap at Small Forward Full-time

Hipporippo

How many on here think that Milsap should be moved to small forward full-time?

Sure, he does a passable job on defense against most PFs, but he can't come close to guarding some of the 6-10 and up big guys in the league.

This is not to denegrate his game in any way. Since he has come into the league, he has improved his ball-handling, outside shooting, and lateral quickness to make up for his deficiencies in size.

In short, he has turned himself into a small forward and fits the physical profile for that position. Nevertheless, he continues to play primarily at power forward.

Moving Milsap to the 3 will allow for more minutes for Favors at the 4 and more minutes for Fes at 5 (with AJ at the 4 like our last lineup against the Lakers). It also creates an overall bigger line-up.

If (fingers crossed) Okur comes back, we get Ante Tomic, or we draft a solid big with a lottery pick, there could still be room at the 5 by moving Milsap to 3 and AJ to 4.

Trade him. Period.

I really don't understand Utah's obsession with players who can't quite live up to their position...

Boozer - too short
Millsap - too short
Okur - Centre with no defense
Kirilenko - SF who can't shoot
Raja - SG who can't penetrate
Watson - PG who can't shoot
Price - tweener, PG/SG who can't shoot

I'll leave out the rookies for now..

Deron and Matthews were really the only exceptions..

Can't we just get a complete player for each position for once?

I really don't understand Utah's obsession with players who can't quite live up to their position...

Boozer - too short
Millsap - too short
Okur - Centre with no defense
Kirilenko - SF who can't shoot
Raja - SG who can't penetrate
Watson - PG who can't shoot
Price - tweener, PG/SG who can't shoot

I'll leave out the rookies for now..

Deron and Matthews were really the only exceptions..

Can't we just get a complete player for each position for once?

NO.

Personaly I think if theres any player in the nba that would spend an entire offseason slimming down and trying to get quicker to get help his team win games, its paul millsap. He used to weigh a lot more back in the day. The guy has a killer work ethic, I think if he set his mind to it he might get some decent results.

Excellent point, 'dalamon'!! How many on this board expected him to develop a very similar (maybe even BETTER?) offensive game than Boozer after the end of last season? Millsap has already said if the Jazz brass want him to move to SF, just let him know by the end of this season so he can go to work on it in the off-season... Personally I would NOT bet against the man being able to do it...
If only Fes had that attitude... sigh...

Excellent point, 'dalamon'!! How many on this board expected him to develop a very similar (maybe even BETTER?) offensive game than Boozer after the end of last season? Millsap has already said if the Jazz brass want him to move to SF, just let him know by the end of this season so he can go to work on it in the off-season... Personally I would NOT bet against the man being able to do it...
If only Fes had that attitude... sigh...

If the Jazz brass won't say it, then I will for them.

"Dear Mansap,

Be a SF next year. Amen.

-Jazz Brass"

^ PS. All you "Jazz Brass" that are regulars on this board, you have my express written consent to copy and paste the above message to Mr. Millsap.