What's new

Mirotic?

Jazz4ever

Supposedly the Bulls looking at many trade scenarios. This guy has not been the stretch PF the Bulls envisioned, but if he ever finds his shot could be a really good player.
The success of Portis recently might make the Bulls asking price for Mirotic fairly low. Something for DL to look at I think.

Noah would be a good fit
What's the point of having a guy who can pass from the elbows if you don't have sets that take advantage of off-ball cuts? Noah can't shoot it from anywhere, and the Jazz already have plenty of defense up front with Gobert and Favors. I'd rather have Taj.

To the OP though, Mirotic would be a good fit. The problem is, he is having a really ****ty year, and that is with the Bulls who have a pretty good team with some nice playmakers. If he is shooting that badly over there, would he really play better over here? Whenever I have seen him, he looks like he wants to be a guard too badly.

If Mirotic is being firesaled, you gotta take a swing at him. If he put up Teletovic numbers it'd be huge

a) I doubt these rumours are true. Bulls generally don't do trades as long as they see a glimmer of hope(and despite their up and downs, they've had some pretty good victories), unless they're very lopsided in their favor at the time.

b) If they pull the plug, they'll try to rebuild around their mid 20s group. This group is Jimmy G Buckets, Dougie McBuckets, Niko, Bobby Portis, Tony Snell and maybe even Derrick Rose(In case he ever becomes good at basketball again - as long as he doesn't he's untradeable anyways)

c) Trading Noah and Gasol will be very difficult, as they're able to leave the new situation this summer because of contract expiration or early termination options. So the new teams must be confident they'll resign, which will basically require them to be real title contender now or on the way to becoming it and it will drastically lower potential returns.

d) Taj Gibson has 1 more season left on a very team-friendly contract and he'll be expensive because he's one of the best bigs at defending the perimeter. Also "switch-proof", which will be even more worth in the playoffs. For the Jazz he's not gonna be that interesting as he's too similar to Favors. Like Favors light.

e) In a reload scenario Mike Dunleavy's role would be interesting. He's got 2 more years on a killer contract if he's healthy enough to play 40 regular season games and be in top shape during playoffs. He'd either be kept for a "quick reload" or be paired with either Noah/Gasol to get more in return as a package.
He's also the main reason why I don't think we'll see them reload. He hasn't played with the main group yet and while Tony Snell is inconsistent in every aspect other than catch and shoot 3s, Dunleavy could add more stability to the offense with his skillset.

TL;DR
Bulls won't reload until Dunleavy has played 15 games with the other rotation players.

Too bad. That ship has sailed. 2015 wasn't a great year for Lindsey.

never had complete faith in Lyles until this post.

Dude's gonna become an all-star now. Thanks for the reverse-jinx NUMBERICA!

What about mcdermott? He is buried behind plenty of other players and offers them cap relief. We lack a third scoring option off the bench and he is a Ryan Anderson mini.

I've always liked Mirotic and don't think is going to always stay in his shooting slump.I also think Chi-town isn't going to either.

The guy that could really be a good fit for the Jazz is ......Dario Saric.Chances are 76ers are interested in Simmons and that would make Saric available.I'd try Lyles ,or Burks ,Burke ,or next yrs 1st round pick to get Saric.Saric would look pretty good up front with Gobert and Favors.