What's new

Mistborn or Game of Thrones?

[MENTION=14]colton[/MENTION] have you tried Brandon Mull's Beyonders? It's a pretty unique book that I would recommend to you and yours.
I haven't. Thanks for the rec. I've read several of the Fablehaven books and thought they were pretty good.

[MENTION=14]colton[/MENTION] have you tried Brandon Mull's Beyonders? It's a pretty unique book that I would recommend to you and yours.

I'm a big fan of all of Brandon Mull's series (when is the last book of the Five Kingdom series coming?). They are family friendly and very creative and inventive. He has started a new Fablehaven Adventure series as well.

No. I have no desire to ever read a King book.

I listened to The Green Mile on my weekend trip (my first Stephen King book). I love it and can't wait to finish it! I'm about two-thirds finished. So good. Would highly recommend. I'm sure there are plenty of King's books I will not read, but this has convinced me to give a few of his non-horror books a try.

For what it is worth I would recommend another as-of-yet unfinished work, the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss. It is another inventive fantasy story, with some unique twists on the genre and it is a good read.

I have this one on hold at the library.

I think the French Spot closed.

Try El Centro, it is a Pizza place off Main and Center St. It is not your typical marinara based pizza. It's a fresh take on pizza from the fast food chains.

I had a great time in your neck of the woods. My eating experiences, however, were only so-so. I got to Cedar later on Friday than I had planned, so I ended up having dinner at the Festival (some decent pork and chicken tacos and my favorite cream cheese tarts). Saturday I ate breakfast at the All American Diner. That omelet was so huge that I wasn't hungry until well into the dinner hour. I tried to eat at Chef Alfredo's because I was craving lasagne, but there was a wait time of an hour. And by then every restaurant was packed. I had made a goal of not eating anywhere I could eat at home, so I was left with having a cheeseburger from Jack-in-the-Box. It wasn't great.

The French Spot was open (apparently it is a seasonal thing), so I had breakfast there Sunday morning. It was delicious! Ham and cheese quiche, chai latte, and a chocolate croissant. So good!

And what was up with that thunderstorm Saturday night? It came close to ruining my outdoor theater experience. But we had a beautiful view of the double rainbow through the top of the theater.

It's pathetic how little I read considering I'm an English teacher.

I loved Apt Pupil. Remember reading that about 20 years ago.