What's new

Mitchell has been unanimously selected to All NBA Rookie first team

That is a really good rookie team. Is it the best since LeBron rookie year? Maybe best ever since even the LeBron year had a weak spot of Kirk Hinrich. Although maybe this squad might as well in the future and I doubt anyone gets near LeBron level.

Maybe Mitchell can be like Wade and get 2 of these guys to come play with him here in 6 years or so. He has good relationships with a lot of guys especially Kuzma.

How many teams would trade their whole team for that starting 5? That roster could win you a chip in a few years.

2asji3.jpg

I would be excited about all 10 of those rookies, this turned out to be a really strong class.

I assume O'Neale was disqualified for playing overseas (lol)

I would be excited about all 10 of those rookies, this turned out to be a really strong class.

I assume O'Neale was disqualified for playing overseas (lol)

He got a couple of 2nd team votes I think, but not much otherwise.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/22/all-rookie-teams-release-2017-18-season

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (NBA All-Rookie First Team votes in parentheses): Bam Adebayo, Miami 44; De'Aaron Fox, Sacramento, 34; OG Anunoby, Toronto, 25 (2); Jarrett Allen, Brooklyn, 18; Dillon Brooks, Memphis, 14 (1); Jordan Bell, Golden State, 5; Royce O'Neale, Utah, 4; Zach Collins, Portland, 3; Milos Teodosic, LA Clippers, 3 (1); Luke Kennard, Detroit, 1; Frank Mason III, Sacramento, 1; Malik Monk, Charlotte, 1; Frank Ntilikina, New York, 1; Semi Ojeleye, Boston, 1; Sindarius Thornwell, LA Clippers, 1.

Such a great rookie class, the future looks bright as an NBA fan. Excited to see what these guys develop into.

Whoever voted (a Phoenix writer I’m sure) Josh Jackson 1st team should lose his press credentials.

These people are a joke.

The NBA always seems to mention and tag Spida before Simmons in their twitter posts about rookie awards. Is it because Spida won ROTY? :D

I know it might a little tinfoil hat-ish in theory, but it really seems odd that they always seem to mention DM first.

These selections seem accurate to me. I had the same exact first team. And I had DSJ, Ball, Collins and Bogdanovic on the second team. The only selection I would debate is Jackson but I don't have a problem with it.

The NBA always seems to mention and tag Spida before Simmons in their twitter posts about rookie awards. Is it because Spida won ROTY? :D

I know it might a little tinfoil hat-ish in theory, but it really seems odd that they always seem to mention DM first.

It might just be an alphabetical thing.

Alphabetical order, you know. Mitchell comes before Simmons.