What's new

Mitchell - Iverson comp

Locke has suggested this a few times. I can see it but I think some other comps are better, with none being entirely spot on.

In the end comping him to players gets some good talk on him going but he’ll simply go down as Donovan Mitchell. He’s special enough to just be him and some day soon he’ll just be Donovan Mitchell without the comps.

The dynamic between Mitchell and Gobert does remind me of Iverson and Mutombo. However, Mitchell and Iverson are very different both on and off the court.

Does anybody else really hope that Mitchell stays tattoo free? I like his squeaky clean image. He could be a massive ambassador for the game if he keeps his humble, clean approach.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The dynamic between Mitchell and Gobert does remind me of Iverson and Mutombo. However, Mitchell and Iverson are very different both on and off the court.

Does anybody else really hope that Mitchell stays tattoo free? I like his squeaky clean image. He could be a massive ambassador for the game if he keeps his humble, clean approach.

I'm not sure there's anything I care less about regarding Mitchell than whether he decides to get tattoos. What a weird thing to be concerned with.

Mitchell has more talented teammates than Iverson did. Plus DL is only going to upgrade. Iverson's best teammates were experienced but older: Dikembe was 34 and Kukoc was 32. Ratliff was 27 and the 2nd leading scorer behind Iverson - averaging 12.4 a game.

Yeah I'm not with you there. If Donovan wants tattoos who cares? As long as he's still Donovan it doesn't matter. Donovans game/personality/mindset make him who he is not the fact he doesn't have tattoos. I think everyone will/should love him just the same so long as he stays the same great kid he is. He may already be the best representative the Jazz have ever had of their franchise, and it's only going to get better.

For all you know Donovan looks a lot more like Kevin Durant without a jersey on.

kevin-durant-tattoos-530x684.jpg

Tattoos won't change is image. He can be a squeaky clean ambassador and have tattoos.

In the end comping him to players gets some good talk on him going but he’ll simply go down as Donovan Mitchell. He’s special enough to just be him and some day soon he’ll just be Donovan Mitchell without the comps.

He'll "just be"... wtf? No.

#SpidaMitchell

What if he gets a face tattoo?
Depends on what it is.

What if he gets his face tattooed to look like a squeakier clean person? Or gets eye brows tattooed on to give them a fuller look? Maybe he gets tear drops to memorialize his fallen buddies Westbrook, Paul George and Carmelo?

Depends on what it is.

What if he gets his face tattooed to look like a squeakier clean person? Or gets eye brows tattooed on to give them a fuller look? Maybe he gets tear drops to memorialize his fallen buddies Westbrook, Paul George and Carmelo?
29vqfg.jpg

29vqha.jpg

If he were getting eyebrows done to look more intimidating, I wouldn't oppose this:

20hwagl.jpg

This article is wrong. It should be explaining how Iverson is similar to Mitchell. A poor man's Mitchell, that Iverson guy.

He needs to start with a neck tattoo and work his way up to a face tattoo. Gotta crawl before you can run.

Plenty of squeaky clean, excellent people with tattoos. You don't need to avoid tats to be a game ambassador. You're thinking way too old school on this.

Although, I would caution him against a lower back tattoo.

Plenty of squeaky clean, excellent people with tattoos. You don't need to avoid tats to be a game ambassador. You're thinking way too old school on this.

Although, I would caution him against a lower back tattoo.

I very well could be old school on the subject and I don't mean any disrespect to people with tattoos. I just personally don't like the look.

And you can be a bad person without tattoos and great person with tattoos. I wasn't trying to imply there was a correlation between the two.