What's new

Mitchell needs to start

Face palm.

This one received four likes.

I realize the shortcomings of +/-. And "eye test" is even less accurate. But the Jazz are very competitive when Mitchell is playing. He had the only positive +/- against Toronto. Jazz aren't going anywhere with their pitiful PF situation. And not getting consistent play from the starting 2 and 3 doesn't help.

But unlike most rookies, Mitchell makes a net positive impact when he plays.

I realize the shortcomings of +/-. And "eye test" is even less accurate. But the Jazz are very competitive when Mitchell is playing. He had the only positive +/- against Toronto. Jazz aren't going anywhere with their pitiful PF situation. And not getting consistent play from the starting 2 and 3 doesn't help.

But unlike most rookies, Mitchell makes a net positive impact when he plays.

The "eye test" with him is deadly accurate though and has been since summer league.

LOL Somebodies had way too much DM koolaid. I like the kid and hope he can continue to grow and improve, but right now he's not better than the others and he takes some horrible shots and plays out of control far too often. I'd be shocked if he started this season with a healthy roster available. I can see him becoming that guy, but right now your just as likely to see bone headed plays as you are good plays and that is not what you want from a starter.

Oh gheez.

lol as much as I love DM he can be a disaster on any given play.

he turns it over alot and does make a lot of mistakes. Good thing he's a rookie if he keeps doing this by year 3-4 then id be worried.

Yamers half-in.

Totally disagree. He has great handles and can guard any PG as well or better than Rubio. He also can penetrate as well or better than anyone on the Jazz and has shown he can dish. Yes, sometimes he forces things, but he will improve on that as well as his ability to run the offense for which he needs more experience. I've been at the last two Jazz games and my belief in his abilities has only grown as a result of seeing things in person more clearly than on TV.

Eenie-Meenie on the train from the station.

Is this thread going to turn into making it sound like people who dont want a rookie to start right away dont like Mitchell?

I mean, how could so many question that talent? He is the best player on our team and it's not even close. To a few it was obvious but many questioned him.

Yep. I can't believe how many fans have dismissed Exum as if he were a scrub, but overlook all the warts on Mitchell to crown him a superstar already. Both these players are on similar levels right now, with each one having different strengths.

Bwaaahhaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaa!

giphy.gif

Thank you MVP. This one was for Crappy Smurf.

Reactions: MVP