What's new

Mitchell outdoes Luka for NBA performance of the year

I’m not losing any sleep over it. The reality is we’d be a better team if we kept Gobert and traded Mitchell than keeping Mitchell and trading Gobert. We got so ****ing much for Gobert we had to do it. In no way was keeping Donovan the way to go especially knowing he was leaving in three years regardless. It was time.

We all know what Donovan is capable of and he’s having a great season. It was a win-win trade for both teams.

Really happy for him, what an insane performance.

Makes me smile after years of Suns fans coming into every Mitchell thread to say that Booker is better, with the 70 point game being mentioned. Mitchell did it, won the game including 13 points in OT, was much more efficient, and dished out 11 assists along the way. All-time game for Donny

I’m not losing any sleep over it. The reality is we’d be a better team if we kept Gobert and traded Mitchell than keeping Mitchell and trading Gobert. We got so ****ing much for Gobert we had to do it. In no way was keeping Donovan the way to go especially knowing he was leaving in three years regardless. It was time.

We all know what Donovan is capable of and he’s having a great season. It was a win-win trade for both teams.

Don’t agree. And the numbers this year agree with me. Gobert is a 30 year old center. Don is starting his prime. We would have been better keeping Mitchell. He’s the type of player you can put on any team. Including ours with our young team.

Don’t agree. And the numbers this year agree with me. Gobert is a 30 year old center. Don is starting his prime. We would have been better keeping Mitchell. He’s the type of player you can put on any team. Including ours with our young team.

How exactly were we going to build a contender by keeping Donovan and trading Gobert? Donovan was leaving in 3 years regardless. Please expound on this.

I was probably Donovan’s biggest defender on here outside of maybe LoPo and even I don’t understand what you’re thinking.

How exactly were we going to build a contender by keeping Donovan and trading Gobert? Donovan was leaving in 3 years regardless. Please expound on this.

I was probably Donovan’s biggest defender on here outside of maybe LoPo and even I don’t understand what you’re thinking.

3 years with Donovan is worth more to a young team than a 30 year old declining center. Gobert has lost a step this year. And we have to go on that. Seeing the two of them both this year I believe we would be better with Mitchell.

3 years with Donovan is worth more to a young team than a 30 year old declining center. Gobert has lost a step this year. And we have to go on that. Seeing the two of them both this year I believe we would be better with Mitchell.
Not really. We didn't get any win-now pieces from the Gobert trade. The win-now piece came by way of the Mitchell trade. And quite frankly we would have had 2 years with Mitchell, really more like 1 1/2, then we'd have to trade him to get any value. Keeping Gobert would have meshed so well with Lauri, we'd be near instant contenders. At least a top 4 team in the West. With Mitchell we'd be much more sure to get a good lottery pick while he put up gaudy numbers. Keep in mind, he scored 71 and had to win in OT.

Not really. We didn't get any win-now pieces from the Gobert trade. The win-now piece came by way of the Mitchell trade. And quite frankly we would have had 2 years with Mitchell, really more like 1 1/2, then we'd have to trade him to get any value. Keeping Gobert would have meshed so well with Lauri, we'd be near instant contenders. At least a top 4 team in the West. With Mitchell we'd be much more sure to get a good lottery pick while he put up gaudy numbers. Keep in mind, he scored 71 and had to win in OT.

Wtf are you watching this year? Gobert had 8 points tonight with 4 rebounds. How does Gobert make us a contender with Lauri when he’s playing like he’s lost a huge step this year?

Keep in mind Donovan scored 55 points in the 2nd half and over time shooting 64% from the field.

Wtf are you watching this year? Gobert had 8 points tonight with 4 rebounds. How does Gobert make us a contender with Lauri when he’s playing like he’s lost a huge step this year?

Keep in mind Donovan scored 55 points in the 2nd half and over time shooting 64% from the field.
Yep. A single game determines everyone's full worth. Their situation, other players, coaches, etc mean absolutely nothing.

Yep. A single game determines everyone's full worth. Their situation, other players, coaches, etc mean absolutely nothing.

Again what are you watching this year between the two. Gobert has definitely lost a step. I’m not sure how situation, players or coaches help that. I get the Gobert love but I’m not going to lie and pretend he’s still young and mobile. Kessler is having a better year than Gobert on less minutes.

Again what are you watching this year between the two. Gobert has definitely lost a step. I’m not sure how situation, players or coaches help that. I get the Gobert love but I’m not going to lie and pretend he’s still young and mobile. Kessler is having a better year than Gobert on less minutes.
If you can't see how the full team affects individual players, and how those players play differently in different situations, then I can't help you. I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you. Good luck!

3 year is a long time. 3 years ago lakers was the best team in the nba and devin booker would've wanted out of Phoenix. long enough to turn things around. vando+kessler+olynyk+whoever we could've gotten with the 3 FRPs this year. we could put together a team with good defense/spacing for DM to take us to where we wanted.

I’m not losing any sleep over it. The reality is we’d be a better team if we kept Gobert and traded Mitchell than keeping Mitchell and trading Gobert.
yeah but that's not saying much about the players themselves but more about what we are as a team. of course it's gonna suck to trade away your only defender when no one else on your team plays any defense. but that's hardly the case with 29 other teams.

just look at t'wolves, a team that doesn't build their roster around rudy's rim protection to cover everyone's ***.