What's new

Mixed Martial Arts / UFC

I want nothing more than Sonnen to win, but it just isn't going to happen. Silva looked like dog turds in that fight and I guarantee you that it won't happen again.

we will know if sonnen will return to the ufc his sentencing is march 28 he'll probably receive no jail term. just some community service. so the rematch might happen this year

just heard that if gsp beats shields there might be a gsp/silva fight maybe at catchweight. maybe one of them will move up or down

What type of fighter has the chance to beat Jones? I was very impressed with he did. He made Shogun look really bad!

I'm with Dutch. He gets that sentencing and he'll get that re-match later this year. I do think he has one fight first and I think he gets Bisping. Two trash talkers and I think it would sell like crazy. Then gets Silva after beating Bisping.

just rewatched the fight at 1:43 remaining in the 1st round it loked like jones could have finished rua. rua was with his back to the cage taking knees and punchesabout 5 seconds. i thought the fight was over then but jones backed off lowered his hands. and did some side kicks to the knee. i guess maybe he was conserving energy but it did seem a bit cocky. at about 4:30 remaining in the second round he backed off again. and kinda arrogantly stood with he hands a bit lowered. keeping distance with his left hand.
at 3:27 remaining in snd round he just stood with his right hand outstreched. periodically touching rua's hand. at times it jsut seemed arrogant maybe he wasnt maybe it wasnt his itentional it wasn't as blatant as silva so maybe i used silva as a wrong example.

but i might not know much seeing as i practice mma once a week for only about 8 months orso.

Dutch, again, I just think it was Jones giving and showing Rua complete respect. I mean, if you go off Rua's career, even when hurt he is incredibly dangerous...like Silva. I remember exactly in the fight where Jones backed off. It was a little surprising considering the damage he had given, but, in my eyes, completely understandable.

That said, I dont train. I am a neophyte. Completely.

I had no idea about Sonnen's legal troubles...just googled them.

yes sonnen's ufc contract is frozen until he takes care of his legal troubles.

as for who beats jones well if i'm only looking in the weightclass. hmm maybe they need to try to put couture on him as couture is now in the asame Wc. doubt couture will beat him but he is 47 years old jones 23. maybe just maybe coutures 14 roso years of experience vs jones 3 years. couture always seems forever young. so maybe his experience might trump jones but i doubt it. also jones hasnt fought machida yet. maybe machida stands a change.
or maybe vitor belfort seeing as he fought previoulsy in the Light Heavy Weight class
or silva as he also has LHW matches under his belt.

problem with jones is i always pecked him to lose. except for the rua fight where i thought it was gonna be a close fight that could go either way.
yet jones completely dominated all of his opponents remeber jones is undefeated. making a rookie mistake with an illegal elbow in a match he was winning/dominating.
might take a while for his reign to be in danger

I got negrepped for a post in this thread: "Speaking of arrogance. LOL. I could kick your *** anyway."

only thing i'm laughing at is that its unsigned:D hahaha.
why be scared to sign itim a couple of thousand of miles away so you can sign it. dont be afraid

But seriously, who's going to win between Mir and Big Country? I'm torn. Mir is my boy, but you can't deny Roy's game. You can youtube Roy beating Mir in a BJJ tourney a few years back when Roy wasn't a complete lard, which is impressive, because Mir is easily the best HW BJJ guy in the world.

But seriously, who's going to win between Mir and Big Country? I'm torn. Mir is my boy, but you can't deny Roy's game. You can youtube Roy beating Mir in a BJJ tourney a few years back when Roy wasn't a complete lard, which is impressive, because Mir is easily the best HW BJJ guy in the world.

Good question. Tough one. I'd give Mir the nod, but like you stated, BC is legit. I hope Mir mops him up.

Ya, I hope Mir beats him as well. Mir needs to win and then maybe one more in order to get #3 with that worthless sack of turds, Lesner.

I'm thinking a loss for BC. mostly because dos santos beat big country. and mir looks like he is at the same level as dos santos

Garcia falls to a 'Twister'... Wow. That was awesome, but damn, how does his corner not let him know that there is ONE second left and to not tap? Lame. Dan Hardy looked like utter trash. Please log out of MMA, you rotten-toothed turd. Little Nog -- retire, please. That was pathetic. Amir looked awesome. He was the only fight I picked correctly. I sucked balls on this one.

I knew I had started this thread....

Just finished watching 173. ****, both the Cormier and Dillashaw fights were spectacular.

I knew I had started this thread....

Just finished watching 173. ****, both the Cormier and Dillashaw fights were spectacular.

cormier fight was boring!
seriously you like watching a kindergartner get beat up by a highschool?

that was not spectacular. cormier could have thrown hendo out of the cage if i wanted to.

the dillashaw fight was spectacular dough expected it to be one sided.