What's new

Mock Draft 3.0 (Full Draft)

Are you paying attention @Handlogten's Heros :eek:
Okay… you just paired two iffy shooting ball handlers with a complete dog **** shooter but the good news is you might get another top 5 pick next year… have fun with the mystery bag… sometimes there is cash in there and sometimes…

1681323449332.gif

Okay… you just paired two iffy shooting ball handlers with a complete dog **** shooter but the good news is you might get another top 5 pick next year… have fun with the mystery bag… sometimes there is cash in there and sometimes…

View attachment 14259
Why am I going to pass on the much better talent just because I need a shooter. I can address that in free agency, plus, it’s not like the pistons are going anywhere next year. Learn son!!

Why am I going to pass on the much better talent just because I need a shooter. I can address that in free agency, plus, it’s not like the pistons are going anywhere next year. Learn son!!
Cade, Ivey, Amen all gonna want the rock… all struggle shooting… add in a big that likely can’t shoot and you gonna have some ugly *** ball, but watching Ivey run real fast into a crowded paint and watching Amen try and jump over 6 guys to try and dunk could be fun.

Good news is that Detroit has Killian Hayes to help mentor Amen when things don’t go really well… sometimes that mystery box is a real bitch.

Cade, Ivey, Amen all gonna want the rock… all struggle shooting… add in a big that likely can’t shoot and you gonna have some ugly *** ball, but watching Ivey run real fast into a crowded paint and watching Amen try and jump over 6 guys to try and dunk could be fun.

Good news is that Detroit has Killian Hayes to help mentor Amen when things don’t go really well… sometimes that mystery box is a real bitch.
Again they’re no where near a finished product. The draft isn’t to fill out your roster, it’s to acquire talent, then use free agency and trades to build the damn team. It’s not hard!! If Amen becomes a great player they’ll kick themselves all for someone who is an ok shooter they reached for that ends up being mediocre. How much worse would that be. It makes no sense to pass on Amen regardless of fit he’s far and a way more talented in my opinion than anyone else left available

Again they’re no where near a finished product. The draft isn’t to fill out your roster, it’s to acquire talent, then use free agency and trades to build the damn team. It’s not hard!! If Amen becomes a great player they’ll kick themselves all for someone who is an ok shooter they reached for that ends up being mediocre. How much worse would that be. It makes no sense to pass on Amen regardless of fit he’s far and a way more talented in my opinion than anyone else left available
Its not to fill out the roster but stacking building blocks that don't compliment each other is not wise. Its debatable whether Amen is the best talent on the board to begin with but the fit with Ivey, Cade, Duren is awful. If you think you can work around 4 building blocks that have similar weaknesses and 3 of which would do best if they were ball in hand guys... well then sir you do you.

FYI I don't hate Amen, but if you believe in Cade and Ivey then taking Amen is not something I'd advise... trade back or up if possible.

Amen shot 29.5% on jumpshots... not 3s just jumpers... 33% on unguarded jump shots. He will have to be all-world as a creator and defender if that doesn't improve substantially.

He has been in the OTE program for a couple years now... so not college distractions and is working on his jumper (the Thompsons are workers) and he has made some progress... but to assume it will come is a mistake. To assume it will have a magical huge jump as a rookie in the NBA is wild. It might be year 3 or 4 where his jumper is good enough...

I think as the draft nears unless SA or some other pg starved team is there at #4 then I think you will see him slip a bit.. maybe just to 5 or 6... but I don't think he should be the consensus no questions asked #4 guy on the board.

Its not to fill out the roster but stacking building blocks that don't compliment each other is not wise. Its debatable whether Amen is the best talent on the board to begin with but the fit with Ivey, Cade, Duren is awful. If you think you can work around 4 building blocks that have similar weaknesses and 3 of which would do best if they were ball in hand guys... well then sir you do you.

FYI I don't hate Amen, but if you believe in Cade and Ivey then taking Amen is not something I'd advise... trade back or up if possible.
Talking to you is like talking to a wall. This team isn’t competing for anything next year other than the lottery. Build talent through the draft. Use future trade deadlines and off seasons to build a compatible roster. It’s not necessarily important to have all the players fit because as constructed this team is in the lotto unless they plan on spending and breaking the bank this summer. If that’s their plan they’d be wise to trade down, but I’m not taking a much lesser talent at #4. I’m fully aware he’s not the greatest fit but I can’t trade down so I took best available that’s always the best solution if trading out isn’t a solution and for me it’s not since we can’t trade in this mock

Talking to you is like talking to a wall. This team isn’t competing for anything next year other than the lottery. Build talent through the draft. Use future trade deadlines and off seasons to build a compatible roster. It’s not necessarily important to have all the players fit because as constructed this team is in the lotto unless they plan on spending and breaking the bank this summer. If that’s their plan they’d be wise to trade down, but I’m not taking a much lesser talent at #4. I’m fully aware he’s not the greatest fit but I can’t trade down so I took best available that’s always the best solution if trading out isn’t a solution and for me it’s not since we can’t trade in this mock
Thee just destroying HH

Part of the issue is the other options aren’t a “much lesser talent”. When talent is in a similar tier then you move to positional priorities and fit.

It’s funny how we are all assuming Amen is Ben Simmons pre injury based on his play in a HS league where they are going against younger guys. These guys are high risk high reward but I promise you team evaluators who have actually watched them in games are much less certain than the internet draft nerds here. Don’t get me wrong it’s worth reaching in the mystery box… but what if Cam Whitmore didn’t have thumb surgery and played in this league… his numbers would be monstrous and he’d be age appropriate. Go have a couple college Sophomores go play against a HS Varsity team and see what they look like.

Amen is a mystery box… if that mystery box also has projected fit issues with my other key building blocks then I’m considering what else is in a similar tier.

Amen/Cam/Ausar/Walker likely all in a similar tier right now on quite a few draft boards imo.