What's new

Mock draft contest.

hawkeye

This is just an Idea, but i think it could be fun. We all enter in our own mock draft for the lottery, and whoever is the closest on draft night wins. I dont know what the prize would be, or even what the rules should be. I just think it would be something to keep us entertained, during the off season.

thoughts?

works for me, also... sweet profile pic. almost forgot about that show somehow

Anyone have any ideas for how we should do it? I was thinking everyone gets one entry, that must be entered by a certain date that is earlier then draft day. If a trade occurs, that is the only time you can submit a new mock draft entry. If anyone has any better ideas or an idea for the prize, Lets hear it.

Would this only be for the lottery (spots 1-15) or the entire first round? And would you just get a point for each correct pick? Or more points if correct and partial credit if they're off by one spot or two?

At any rate, you could have folks post their mock draft here and then we can lock the thread the day before the draft, or just make a post that says no more entries allowed. And folks could edit their entries until the deadline but any entries edited after that point would be disallowed.

This will be very hard to pick. You know there will be trades. Could be fun anyway though.

Anyone know a site with a mock draft predictor program built in?

I think it would be easy enough to list them 1-14. Maybe just numbers and no teams since there will likely be some trades.

We could do this...
3 points for a correct pick
1 point for being within a pick.

1-14

We could do this...
3 points for a correct pick
1 point for being within a pick.

1-14

I agree, they will/could look like this:

2gte0if.jpg

I think you are underestimating the laziness my friend.

Most definitely, so if you want to be a part of the Mock Draft Contest you could just message me your picks 1-14 and I will create it into one like shown above and post it here with your name.

Just to make mine a little different - hit or miss:

1. Kyrie Erving
2. DWill2
3. Jan Vesely
4. Kanter
5. KWalker
6. Burks
7. Jimmer Fredette
8. B.Biyombo
9. Knight
10. Valanciunas
11. M. Morris
12. Donatas Motiejunas

More than likely, it won't happen this way, especially for the Jazz, but just gambling to win. :D

Last edited:

1. Kyrie Erving
2. DWill2
3. Jan Vesely
4. Kanter
5. KWalker
6. Burks
7. Jimmer Fredette
8. B.Biyombo
9. Singleton
10. M. Morris
11. J. Hamilton
12. Donatas Motiejunas

More than likely, it won't happen this way, especially for the Jazz, but just gambling to win. :D

Brandon Knight is available at #12 and the Jazz take Donatas Motiejunas?

I think you better go further than 12 because of the number of entries. I think you better go to around 20, how about 18--the other Jazz pick?

1. Irving
2. Kanter
3. Williams
4. Valanciunas
5. Knight
6. Biyombo
7. Walker
8. Morris
9. Vesely
10. Thompson
11. Leonard
12. Fredette
13. Burks
14. Singleton

That was painful and I'm just a fan. Would hate to be a GM and have my nuts on the line (other than the pay).

Can we change these up till draft day because my opinion I know is going to change on the top 14 within the next 2 weeks

1. Kyrie Erving
2. DWill2
3. Jan Vesely
4. Kanter
5. KWalker
6. Burks
7. Jimmer Fredette
8. B.Biyombo
9. Knight
10. Valanciunas
11. M. Morris
12. Donatas Motiejunas

That is what I would call a draft night disaster.