What's new

Moderator opening

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Contributor
Sirkickyass has decided it's time for him to step down as a moderator. Or at least mostly step down; he'll still be available in an advisory role. Thanks, kicky, for all that you've done for the board! From the Fesenko love, to the legal advice, to the date with Ize, to the crazy situation where you went on the run with a lady who had a guy trying to kill her (I'm sure I messed up that description, and now that I think of it that probably wasn't something you shared with the whole board), to your own marriage, it's been a fun ride!

Anyway, speaking to the rest of the board now, this means that We Want You! Or at least We Want Someone! To be a new moderator, that is. And maybe that someone is you! The rewards are minimal and the job is thankless, but you'll be helping maintain the best community of Utah Jazz fans that there is. If you are interested and willing to help out as a moderator, please send me a PM in the next day or two. Give a short explanation as to why you are interested, what your moderating philosophy would be, and what some of your qualifications are (i.e. why we should choose you over others who might also be interested).

Generally speaking we're looking for someone who is pretty active already, although someone who actively reads many/most threads would be considered even if they don't post a lot. The main moderator duty is to make decisions on reported posts and handle warnings/infractions accordingly. They also weigh in on general board policy from time to time, and close/move threads. That type of thing. The overall time requirement is variable but I'd say most moderators probably spend around 10-15 minutes/day looking over reported posts, and voting & dealing with them. It's flexible; if you can't do it every single day that's not a big problem.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you! And a preemptive thanks for volunteering.

I will rule through bloodshed and terror. I will turn father against son, and bother against brother. Every street will flow crimson red in my wake. Chaos will be my name.

plz pm if interested, thx.

Part of what you'll be judged on is the ability to follow the instructions in paragraph 2.

But it's a tempting offer. ;-)

Nobody exudes an enthusiasm for judgment and a zeal for family values like I do. I also know 999 ways to say I support censorship without saying the word censorship.

I'll unilaterally delete threads and ban posters I don't like, just like the last time I was a mod.

He's got connections... think about it, we could have organized meals/meeting with Lyles, we could have signed memorabilia's as prizes for competitions, etc, etc, etc. He could take Jazzfanz to a whole nother level.

The possibilities are endless.

He's got connections... think about it, we could have organized meals/meeting with Lyles, we could have signed memorabilia's as prizes for copetitions, etc, etc, etc. He could take Jazzfanz to a whole nother level.

The possibilities are endless.

wtf are you saying?

Shut up. This is why you can't be mod.