What's new

Money left

David Ginola 14

What is stuffed in the cap between Mle, TE, space in the cap ... I read that Trade Favors generated TE, already there was that of Burks-Korver .. And Davis with what money arrived? in essence: how much can we still spend?

What is stuffed in the cap between Mle, TE, space in the cap ... I read that Trade Favors generated TE, already there was that of Burks-Korver .. And Davis with what money arrived? in essence: how much can we still spend?
If the Jazz go under the salary cap, which by all accounts is the plan in order to make the Conley trade work, they are out of money. There are no trade player exceptions for teams under the cap. What some people have said about a Burks exception and more recently a Favors exception is incorrect. As things now stand they can only offer players minimum salaries.

There are only two ways I can see the situation changing. 1) The Jazz could restructure the Conley deal so it involves a third team and doesn't require the Jazz to go under the cap. I think this is unlikely. 2) The Jazz could trade Exum. They could trade him for, say, a pick to a team under the cap, which would give the Jazz additional cap space to work with. This wouldn't surprise me, although the Jazz might have to throw in a pick and/or some cash to get the deal done. Or they could trade him for a player or two who the like and not generate any cap space but keep those players, which I think is slightly less likely but still possible

If the Jazz go under the salary cap, which by all accounts is the plan in order to make the Conley trade work, they are out of money. There are no trade player exceptions for teams under the cap. What some people have said about a Burks exception and more recently a Favors exception is incorrect. As things now stand they can only offer players minimum salaries.

There are only two ways I can see the situation changing. 1) The Jazz could restructure the Conley deal so it involves a third team and doesn't require the Jazz to go under the cap. I think this is unlikely. 2) The Jazz could trade Exum. They could trade him for, say, a pick to a team under the cap, which would give the Jazz additional cap space to work with. This wouldn't surprise me, although the Jazz might have to throw in a pick and/or some cash to get the deal done. Or they could trade him for a player or two who the like and not generate any cap space but keep those players, which I think is slightly less likely but still possible
I think we all agree it would probably be in the best interests of all if we could trade Dante. This year should've been an option year. But it looks like we are stuck with him.

Exum's contract is looking better now. Corey Joseph got $37 million over 3 years. Taj Gibson got more. Some guys are getting paid triple and more. Many guys lack the raw potential he has.

If Exum can stay healthy, he can be a revelation for us. We gotta have faith. If he emerges, we have a dynasty brewing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I've been gathering coconuts for a long-*** time. We gonna be alright, LoPo.

Last edited:
Unless he stays healthy and shows significant improvement on the court, we have essentially wasted a roster spot, money, and assets on DedEx. I hope he breaks out this year, and doesn't just break down.

Unless he stays healthy and shows significant improvement on the court, we have essentially wasted a roster spot, money, and assets on DedEx. I hope he breaks out this year, and doesn't just break down.

I can kind of understand waiting on a wish and a prayer with Exum given he’s an elite athlete.

The real wasted roster spot is Bradley. If he doesn’t show out in this summer league, I’d be all in favor of buying him out and giving his roster spot to Wille Reed. I doubt anyone will want Bradley unless we attach a pick, so it’d probably have to be a buyout.

Thanks..

All we need is for Dante to stay on the floor. I don't have much faith in his shooting but if he's healthy and is there to lock-down whomever it'll be great. If he can play 55+ games I'll be pleased.

Exum needs to stay healthy and show some potential so the Jazz can trade him at the deadline. Too many teams are overloaded in power forwards. Somebody of value is going to come available and I’m hoping that Exum has shown enough to be worth making a deal for.