• $10m (3 years - $30m)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • $12m (2 years - $34m)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • $9m (4 years - $36m)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Jeffrey32

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ellis-declining-option-mavs-become-free-agent-182314611--nba.html

Monta Ellis is an UFA. Ellis was set to make $8.7 million in the final year of a three-year, $25 million contract. He is a scoring machine, but his biggest issue is always his size (and his attitude). 19ppg, 4apg last season. He is a scoring guard in a point guards body and is too overpriced to be an offensive punch off the bench. At 6'6" Dante Exum would be one of the few legitimate PGs that could start with Ellis and not have it be a liability. Exum could guard the 2s and Ellis the 1s. Ellis will get a minimum of $9-10m per season. With Jazz biggest issue being scoring, especially creating own shot... Would you sign Ellis? If so, what would your offer be?

I'd strongly consider it. With a 20 pt per night guy, we would be a scary dangerous team. Take Curry off GS and they are Utah.

No not a fit for what we are trying to do here, has he ever met a shot he didn't like? No thanks?

Utah already has one too many designated chuckers.

Yep. And the Jazz should be looking to move him and his (admittedly reasonable) salary for more efficient players.

They have exactly one bullet this offseason to add a free agent or veteran through trade. If they want to have any hope of making the playoffs and advancing past the first round, they don't want to miss that shot.

it's interesting.

Ellis can play. His FG% is not bad but he is a chucker. Still a massive upgrade over Burke i'd say.

He would be a dangerous weapon.

A part of me actually thinks that this is going to happen. Would be a great idea for Ellis.

I'd strongly consider it. With a 20 pt per night guy, we would be a scary dangerous team. Take Curry off GS and they are Utah.

Not if that guy were inefficient or weak defensively.

SA won a championship last year with ZERO guys averaging 19 pts or 30 mins/per. That is a MUCH scarier team when any player can hurt you and you know open guys are going to hit their shots.

Just have Hayward take a few more shots and he'll average 20.

If we could move our chucker+assets for a legit 3 and D guy and replace our chucker at the same time with Ellis (a far better chucker), I would be ok with that. Nothing more than a 3 year deal. Maybe 2 years overpaid a bit with a 3rd year team option. Something like that would be ok. Otherwise, no thanks.

I'm down with monta but he will be too expensive imo