What's new

Montrezl Harrell

If you put Ed on clippers he'd average a near double double too. Unlike us, Clippers have wings who could actually rebound and defend that simply took the load off their big man's shoulder. So Harrell can focus on what he does best, whereas our big man is constantly forced into situations where he has to do multiple jobs at once which are disastrous for most big men who specializes in only a couple of things.

C'mon. Ed went to bench because he was useless on both sides of the floor. How you expect him to average double double with Clippers? What would it change for him on the offensive side? He was outplayed on that end by Tony ****ing Bradley who was the same liability on defense but at least was able to score in the pnr and on put backs. He can play better for sure but there is no way he can be half as effective on offense as Harrell.

C'mon. Ed went to bench because he was useless on both sides of the floor. How you expect him to average double double with Clippers? What would it change for him on the offensive side? He was outplayed on that end by Tony ****ing Bradley who was the same liability on defense but at least was able to score in the pnr and on put backs. He can play better for sure but there is no way he can be half as effective on offense as Harrell.
Ed was so bad... like worst player in the league bad... its kind of unfathomable honestly. I get he isn't a good fit but holy **** he could not have been this much better of a fit in Brooklyn. There had to be more to it.

I mean Ed even chose to have his best game and help us win the game we should have tanked and lost. Cost us a couple draft spots.

Except how playable has Bradley been for us? He can do some pick n roll scoring, sure. But that is not what we are looking for in a backup C. Our center duty is primarily defensive oriented and pick n roll offense is a plus but not required. Harrell can drop some fancy buckets for us but you can bet on Quin not putting him on the floor for long when he realizes that we not able to stop anybody with him playing at center.

And I think I did say "glorified version" of Ed Davis, meaning Harrell>Ed as a player. And I fully agree that Ed sucks and we shouldn't have signed him(thanks Conley). But my point still stands. Clippers was a disaster when Harrell was on the floor this season in the playoffs. Ed sucks. But Harrell isn't the solution either.

Honestly don’t get some of the names being thrown around. Harrell? So we don’t want to re-sign Clarkson I guess?
And the Randle rumor? Like what? We can score. Not having Bogey hurt us some in that regard. But we couldn’t get stops. That hurt us far worse. Hence, Dennis’ we’ll be looking for willing and active defenders comment or something in that regard.