What's new

More Buzz on Big Al

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
Threw out the first pitch at the Bees game.

OK, I'll admit it. I have a major man-crush on Al. I like him more and more each day. And more and more after each interview. Here's part of what he said:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/700059194/Utah-Jazz-Five-Questions-with-Al-Jefferson.html?pg=1

"Question: You've been an instant hit with Jazz fans. What's that been like just to be embraced so quickly, and has that been a surprise?

Answer: It makes me feel good just to know they're really glad to have me here, and I'm more happy than them to be here. I'm just glad. I'm glad they really, you know, accepted me being here. I wouldn't say it's a surprise. It just makes me very excited. I wouldn't say I'm surprised. I know how Jazz fans support their team. I've been playing against them since I've been in the league. They made it hard on me as a player coming, in playing against them, so it's good to have them on my side now. (Jefferson also remarked on the No. 25 Bees top he received for the first pitch.) They just gave me a jersey. The Red Sox didn't even give me one of these. They're spoiling me out here.

Question: What's on tap for you between now and when training camp starts? Anything fun planned?

Answer: I'm here. I moved up here. I'm here working out with the coaches and working out with the team, and that's what I plan on doing until training camp. I'm in business mode. I want to be ready, so I'm in business mode to try get here, get used to this thin air out here and be ready to play when training camp (starts)."

I predict he plays out the rest of his career in a Jazz uni. This guy is loyal to the organizations where he plays and he's happy about being in Utah. Al is going to have a MONSTER season for the Jazz in 2010/11.

I love that the Jazz got Big Al, I love that he's saying all the right things, I'm probably going to buy his swingman road jersey.... But I'm gonna wait until we see some action on the court before I make him my BFF.

I love that the Jazz got Big Al, I love that he's saying all the right things, I'm probably going to buy his swingman road jersey.... But I'm gonna wait until we see some action on the court before I make him my BFF.

damn dawgg that is racist.