What's new

Morgan Scally suspended for using a Racial slur in a text.

I don't see anything about a history. Where are you getting that? They are going back seven years and mentioning a single incident. Do we even know what word he used?
I read some tweets from other former utes. Sean Smith in particular had some bad things to say about him but most former utes love him.

Wow, that was kind of out of nowhere, Scalley is known for being a class act.

Not a good look, you got to hold coaches to a higher level. Be interesting to see where this goes.

Wow, that was kind of out of nowhere, Scalley is known for being a class act.

Not a good look, you got to hold coaches to a higher level. Be interesting to see where this goes.

Is this the issue that got him suspended, or is this a second charge? I wonder what the context was. Hopefully he will learn from this and be better in the future.

Is this the issue that got him suspended, or is this a second charge? I wonder what the context was. Hopefully he will learn from this and be better in the future.
All I know is apparently he used a racial slur in a text. I read a pretty scathing tweet from Sean Smith formally of the Dolphins. Not sure where he is now. Basically saying that this is pretty much who Scally is. I will say most of the tweets I’ve read from former players defend Scally calling him a better person than a coach and all that so I don’t know what to believe.

He sent a text to a black recruit that was meant to go to another black coach on the staff that said something to the effect of "Do I have permission to recruit more n******s?"

I think this is more an issue of a white guy getting too comfortable saying that word in a joking manner and then using it in a very bad spot than it is him being a racist at all. Still can't do that and he will probably lose his job considering all the other players coming out saying this was not a one time thing.

He sent a text to a black recruit that was meant to go to another black coach on the staff that said something to the effect of "Do I have permission to recruit more n******s?"

I think this is more an issue of a white guy getting too comfortable saying that word in a joking manner and then using it in a very bad spot than it is him being a racist at all. Still can't do that and he will probably lose his job considering all the other players coming out saying this was not a one time thing.

If this is not a time thing, he will absolutely lose his job. And rightfully so.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

It's an offense to be sure. Is it a firing offense?

I'm not a Utah fan but I don't think he should be fired. Maybe a half season suspension or something. But I'm very confident he'll be fired. Will take a year off and then will take a very high profile position because he is a great great coach. He'll come out of this ok, it just might take awhile.

All I know is apparently he used a racial slur in a text. I read a pretty scathing tweet from Sean Smith formally of the Dolphins. Not sure where he is now. Basically saying that this is pretty much who Scally is. I will say most of the tweets I’ve read from former players defend Scally calling him a better person than a coach and all that so I don’t know what to believe.
Yeah, I've seen the tweets now. I guess it just goes to show that we are all different things to different people. It appears that Scally is mostly a very good person, but he has apparently made some mistakes along the way. Who hasn't? Hopefully he can become better and also be forgiven. Based on the little I know (I met Scally once but mostly I just know his reputation from afar) I hope that the U finds a way to keep him with the program. I won't be at all surprised if he becomes a very good head coach one day.

Suspension has been lifted after investigation into Morgan’s past, and he is now able to get back to his coaching duties. He is still being punished. His mistake was costly. In 2019 he was given a raise from making 525,000 per year to 1.1 million. His salary will go back to what it was before. Also, in I think 2018- or 2019 he was promised to be the next head coach after coach Whit. That promise has been rescinded.

In the article it shows a tweet from the player Scalley sent the racial tweet to. In the tweet he defends Scalley and condemned whoever brought to light the racist tweet accusing him of going out of his way to destroying Scalley’s reputation.

I don't see anything about a history. Where are you getting that? They are going back seven years and mentioning a single incident. Do we even know what word he used?
Another player said something Morgan saying something in 2008.

It's fair to bring it up, but what if the man has changed, evolved, become enlightened and more understanding?

I would like to know what the players the last few years have to say about Morgan and I would judge him by that.