What's new

Move the Team to Vegas

I'll be honest, if the Jazz ever left Utah, I would be pretty destroyed. I would still cheer for them in their new home while the current players are there, but as new faces came aboard and the team eventually soured, I would feel that any championships or victories in general wouldn't be the same. It would be to the point where I likely would watch basketball but like certain players more than teams.

That said, I'm not worried one bit about this team moving. If we would have been bought by some other billionaire with no Utah connections, I'd be pretty nervous, but Smith seems like the type of guy where he's going to keep it in the community as long as he's in charge.

I'll be honest, if the Jazz ever left Utah, I would be pretty destroyed. I would still cheer for them in their new home while the current players are there, but as new faces came aboard and the team eventually soured, I would feel that any championships or victories in general wouldn't be the same. It would be to the point where I likely would watch basketball but like certain players more than teams.

That said, I'm not worried one bit about this team moving. If we would have been bought by some other billionaire with no Utah connections, I'd be pretty nervous, but Smith seems like the type of guy where he's going to keep it in the community as long as he's in charge.
If the Jazz moved I'd be 100% done with the NBA. If I did root for anyone in the NBA it would be any team the former Jazz were playing. Mostly I'd just root for the NBA to go out of business.

If the jazz moved I would never watch another pro basketball game again

I know a lot said that last summer and half meant it as most came back for the success this year. However I would be all in if the jazz left Utah and my bet would be most people in the state would do the same

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I mean, personally I’d rather they move to Seattle since that’s a 2.5 hour drive for me. Also fits the whole “northwest division” thing better.
Been to Seattle place sucks it's Portland with more trash. And if any team moves there they have to change their name to the supersonics. I would rather root for the blazers. Than any Seattle team. Go jazz

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

If the Jazz moved I'd be 100% done with the NBA. If I did root for anyone in the NBA it would be any team the former Jazz were playing. Mostly I'd just root for the NBA to go out of business.
I'd start rooting for the Knicks and I hate the ****ing Knicks

Obviously it would be easier to draw FA talent to Vegas as opposed to Utah.

But Salt Lake supports this team in ways not many other markets could. I'd be gutted if the Jazz left. I don't think I could ever actually cheer for them and would just focus solely on college athletics.

Regardless, this is all silly. The Jazz isn't moving. Like no chance in hell. Maybe if the Millers stilled owned the team and were hell-bent on selling and couldn't find someone with local ties...but not with Ryan. It ain't going to happen.

Been to Seattle place sucks it's Portland with more trash. And if any team moves there they have to change their name to the supersonics. I would rather root for the blazers. Than any Seattle team. Go jazz

Hard to have more trash than Portland nowadays, but generally true. Seattle Jazz also makes far more sense than Utah Jazz tbh.

The trolling nature of this topic aside, what is the obsession with Jazz fans worried about losing Donovan? The guy just signed an extension and is under contract for the next 4 years. Yes he could demand a trade as so many stars do, but so could anybody at any time. Unless he does it, it seems like a huge waste of emotional capitol constantly worrying about that. He is under contract until 2025, just enjoy the ride. If he hasn't signed an extension by the start of the 2024-2025 season then you can set in the panic meter.

The trolling nature of this topic aside, what is the obsession with Jazz fans worried about losing Donovan? The guy just signed an extension and is under contract for the next 4 years. Yes he could demand a trade as so many stars do, but so could anybody at any time. Unless he does it, it seems like a huge waste of emotional capitol constantly worrying about that. He is under contract until 2025, just enjoy the ride. If he hasn't signed an extension by the start of the 2024-2025 season then you can set in the panic meter.
For the record, I'm not worried.

For the record I was also on the record assuring everyone that Hayward was staying.