What's new

Must Read: ESPN Writer Documents His Times Partying With LeBron in Las Vegas

I read Lebron's book about his high school years and I really didn't like it. It made me like him even less than I already did. Now reading this article confirms every feeling I've ever had about Lebron. He's all about the attention and couldn't care less bout the integrity of the game.

Did I get the correct article? It's only 3 short paragraphs, hardly chronicles anything. It's more like a snap shot.

I read Lebron's book about his high school years and I really didn't like it. It made me like him even less than I already did. Now reading this article confirms every feeling I've ever had about Lebron. He's all about the attention and couldn't care less bout the integrity of the game.

Did we read the same article? I got that for him it was all about the girls with no panties. And frankly, I can't blame him one bit.

So, Lebron prefers hot female waitresses over weird looking male waiters? Rich and compelling.

The story has been spiked by ESPN, but a complete copy is still available on Deadspin [LINK] - ESPN are saying that the piece didn't go through "the proper editorial processes" but Deadspin seems to believe it was pulled for other reasons:

sbnation said:
ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz tells us why the LeBron Vegas story was pulled: "The story should have never been published. The draft was inadvertently put on the server before going through the usual editorial process. We are in the midst of looking into the matter."

And someone (apparently from inside ESPN) sent this to Deadspin:

Folks who write/tweet/whatever for ESPN or any ESPN affiliated outlets/blogs are being asked not to acknowledge the cached story and/or the fact that it was spiked.

I don't think people realize what a big deal this is. Not for Lebron, but for ESPN (although the Lebron part is a pretty sad commentary on professional athletes). ESPN has a huge investment in the NBA. They pay the NBA a lot of money to televise the games. It appears that ESPN was trying not to offend its business partner. The only problem with this is, they are a news organization. They have to report it how it is and can't show a bias.

In review, ESPN sucks.

I don't think people realize what a big deal this is. Not for Lebron, but for ESPN (although the Lebron part is a pretty sad commentary on professional athletes). ESPN has a huge investment in the NBA. They pay the NBA a lot of money to televise the games. It appears that ESPN was trying not to offend its business partner. The only problem with this is, they are a news organization. They have to report it how it is and can't show a bias.

In review, ESPN sucks.
I agree. This article [LINK] by the ESPN Ombudsman discusses this exact issue in regard to "The Decision", another example of the organisation pandering to an individual at the expense of its integrity.

James seems mildly retarded - but so what. He's wrapped in a world of people who jump over each other to kiss his ***. He's obviously lost any frame of reference for interacting with people or in public in general.

Like someone said earlier he's acting like the Big Shot that he is. If this is what he wants to do with his millions then God bless. The only story is what a bunch of ******* ESPN are for pulling this mostly mundane article.

In review, ESPN sucks.

You think the Endless Self Promoting Network is a news organization?