What's new

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk ( want opinion from Turkish posters)

MVP

I want to ask numerous Turkish posters here about how they really feel about Kemal Ataturk. I stumbled upon few quotes of him and he looked to be very advanced and smart man for his time which eventually lead to creation of modern Turkey. I am genuinely interested to hear from you guys as I feel whatever is in Wikipedia is not entirely true. Was he hated at all of being pro Western and modern or most of regular people supported his vision of modern Turkey, women rights, secularization of Islam from state and so on? Thank you very much.

I am proud to be a follower of his ideas. He was once a century leader who gave Turkish people an identity. Nowadays, our government which are neo islamists are against every move that he made to build this country and trying to bury him to the pages of the history books. But we are not all dead yet. We will resist.

Reactions: MVP
He was 22th centrury minded leader who lives in 19th/20th century. I am
sure that even I don't understand completely his ideas.

He was one of those unique leaders that should be tought as a lesson to the new generations. Insteae... oh **** today's world. It can even let people who try to teach new generations to hate their saviour in order to complete their jobs of sucking Arabian balls. Your answer is sooo long I just feel so tired to start cursing all those traitors who sold out their own country and keep their power.

Basically he is the guy after prophet Muhammed for me.

He is the one I am going to drink raki and chat on the çilingir table when I go to Sovangarde or heaven near him.

I believe he was sent to save our asses from societal extinction.

He was one of those unique leaders that should be tought as a lesson to the new generations. Insteae... oh **** today's world. It can even let people who try to teach new generations to hate their saviour in order to complete their jobs of sucking Arabian balls. Your answer is sooo long I just feel so tired to start cursing all those traitors who sold out their own country and keep their power.

Basically he is the guy after prophet Muhammed for me.

He is the one I am going to drink raki and chat on the çilingir table when I go to Sovangarde or heaven near him.

I believe he was sent to save our asses from societal extinction.

What's with the Utah Grizzlies sig? lol

I think I've been to 2 Grizzlies games ever. Went to Golden Eagles games a lot as a kid.

Would love it if Salt Lake had an NHL team.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

...and thread successfully derailed.

I was enjoying the conversation earlier as I know very little about Turkish politics, and the philosophy aspect has been intriguing.

I want to ask numerous Turkish posters here about how they really feel about Kemal Ataturk. I stumbled upon few quotes of him and he looked to be very advanced and smart man for his time which eventually lead to creation of modern Turkey. I am genuinely interested to hear from you guys as I feel whatever is in Wikipedia is not entirely true. Was he hated at all of being pro Western and modern or most of regular people supported his vision of modern Turkey, women rights, secularization of Islam from state and so on? Thank you very much.
Generally I like him quite a lot, of course he had his mistakes in some of his politics, and he had his personal problems(no business of anyone), but he was far more forward-looking man than his peers, even than the European leaders of the time.

I'd like to write about him more later, for you AKMVP, when I have some time.

Now lets go ask an Armenian about Ataturk.
This sentence only shows your lack of knowledge about the issue, because, yes there were terrible massacres, which were mutually, but let's say it was indeed a genocide attempt against Armenians, even in that case, most of the Armenians are saying Atatürk was not the first responsible of that, actually they are using his opposing quotes against his companions about the massacres as proofs of the genocide.

Btw, you can ask anything related about Turks to the Armenians(who are not living in Turkey), %99 you won't get anything positive. Turkish hate is like a 3 time meal in Armenia.

Reactions: MVP
...and thread successfully derailed.

I was enjoying the conversation earlier as I know very little about Turkish politics, and the philosophy aspect has been intriguing.

Do you think Salt Lake should have an NHL team?

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

This sentence only shows your lack of knowledge about the issue, because, yes there were terrible massacres, which were mutually, but let's say it was indeed a genocide attempt against Armenians, even in that case, most of the Armenians are saying Atatürk was not the first responsible of that, actually they are using his opposing quotes against his companions about the massacres as proofs of the genocide.

Btw, you can ask anything related about Turks to the Armenians(who are not living in Turkey), %99 you won't get anything positive. Turkish hate is like a 3 time meal in Armenia.

Well let's be clear here, you live in a country that actually has a law prohibiting any insult to the memory of Ataturk, going so far as to ban books that are critical of Ataturk or discuss any controversial issue related to him. I understand that I am not Turkish but I don't believe Turkey is really impartial about his role in the Armenian genocide.

I don't believe he ordered the genocide, or even that he necessarily knew about the day to day of it, but Armenians do have a decent argument that he tolerated it and certainly emphasized atrocities against Turks and downplayed atrocities committed by Turks. I know I've read Armenian texts that assert that this is the root of present Turkish denial that the genocide ever happened.

For the record, I'm actually generally very pro-Ataturk because it is largely his foundational ideas that make Turkey an entirely unique country in the world. My point about Armenians was merely because, whether the OP realized this or not, starting a thread asking for Turkish opinions about Ataturk is basically like walking into the Vatican and asking for opinions about Jesus.