What's new

MVP Spida?

Oh for sure, he's our rock, dependable every night and the key to making the whole thing work.

But man, Donovan has also been ridiculous so far.

We can win the title, have a legitimate shot at it but neither of our guys will be MVP this year, we go to the WCF or Finals this year? Maybe they'll have a shot at it next year.

Last edited:
It's possible if he keeps playing like he's playing and the Jazz end up as a #1 or #2 seed in the west and one of the top teams in the regular season overall. Unlikely that they would give it to him over an established MVP candidate, but possible. Depends on what narrative the media latches onto in the race.

Not really expecting that as of now, but i can see him getting on the conversation (more than really winning it) soon, after people stop sleeping so much on us, what may happen after this supposed easier stretch of games we gonna play now. Anyways, he's been playing great, on both sides of the court. Needs to get more polished at the crunch time thought (last night were good)

maxresdefault.jpg

If the stars align and the Jazz end up first in the west at the end of the year, the best case scenario is he ends up getting some votes and the award goes to Giannis.
Yup. The drumroll for MVP plays out over more than one season. It’d be great it if started beating for Donovan this year.

derick rose mvp season...

25ppg - 7.7 ast - 4.1 rebounds - 1 steal
.445 FG
.332 3p
.858 Ft%
Franchise: Chicago (multiple titles, big market, cash cow for league)

donovan mitchell so far....
25ppg - 4.1 ast - 5.2 rbs - 1.5 steals
.484 fg%
.408 3pt%
.787 ft%
Franchise: Utah ('nuff said)
Missed a critical aspect. I added it above.

derick rose mvp season...

25ppg - 7.7 ast - 4.1 rebounds - 1 steal
.445 FG
.332 3p
.858 Ft%

donovan mitchell so far....
25ppg - 4.1 ast - 5.2 rbs - 1.5 steals
.484 fg%
.408 3pt%
.787 ft%
Good post.
D Rose was flashier though and that helps