What's new

My game 5 defensive adjustment

The Jazz Wonderbra

The last two games Gobert got pulled out to the 3 point line. They were just playing the game of getting gobert to come out and then having that player shoot the 3. We were playing man on man defense.

So, why not drop gobert and play four wing defenders? It would take away the 3 and force them into a lot of mid range shots. I get that they are good at those but so was Memphis.

Thoughts on a 1 in, 4 out defense?

Except we don't have 4 legit wing defenders on this roster?

Our best wing/perimeter defender in Royce received a total of two votes for all defense......second team.

TWO.

This team is just designed to get walked over on the perimeter due to the lack of quality perimeter defenders.

So far we've seen the likes of Oni(aka the BEST perimeter defender on the team), Niang, Bogey trying to stay in front of their guys. It was disastrous.

Even Royce got beaten far too easily on that one possession last night which allowed Kawhi to explode onto that emphatic dunk on Rudy.

Royce is just an average wing defender in this league who plays somewhat passable defense. But he gets used like our primary stopper just shows you how desperate we are

I have a different strategy. I know Utah isn't exactly known for its nightlife, but perhaps the local authorities would turn a blind eye to an all-night street party, complete with fireworks and mariachi band, directly outside the Clippers hotel before game 5?

To me, you give Ersan minutes. Faves is getting walked over and Niang has been awful. Shake up the rotations. Udoka couldn’t get some easy dunks against these guys? There’s got to be some different looks.

Quin and his rotations are predictable. The entire game plan is making threes. If we don’t, we lose.

Put Udoka at the rim and tell him PG called his mom bad names... just make sure we have additional janitorial staff on hand to clean up the blood

I’d like to see more Ersan.

I’d toy with the idea of Forrest just so Mitchell doesn’t have to bring the ball up the court every time.

It’s too late now but I would’ve unleashed Hughes a lot time ago. At least he’s a threat to score. Every minute we have to thomas over Hughes was a missed development opportunity.

I don’t get the point of Thomas, Oni, and Brantley.

Except we don't have 4 legit wing defenders on this roster?

Our best wing/perimeter defender in Royce received a total of two votes for all defense......second team.

TWO.

This team is just designed to get walked over on the perimeter due to the lack of quality perimeter defenders.

So far we've seen the likes of Oni(aka the BEST perimeter defender on the team), Niang, Bogey trying to stay in front of their guys. It was disastrous.

Even Royce got beaten far too easily on that one possession last night which allowed Kawhi to explode onto that emphatic dunk on Rudy.

Royce is just an average wing defender in this league who plays somewhat passable defense. But he gets used like our primary stopper just shows you how desperate we are
Gobert got dunked on when he drifted out passed the free throw line or out to the corners and then they attacked the rim.

Its clear that their offense is about moving Gobert away from the paint so they can bomb threes on the guy that ends up marked by Gobert OR so that they then attack the paint.

I think that our perimeter defenders play much better perimeter defense when gobert protects the paint but instead we have him chasing threes.

Mavs tried the wreidest zone I've ever seen. It worked well most of the time, and they played Boban at the 5. We should be able figure out something better than that.