What's new

my pick - aaron gordon #4, glenn robinson III #23

Wow. Just wow. And not in a good way. Gordon at 4? Um. Are you the GM of the Cavs?

E775Qom.gif

Hahaha!

If the nba were a dunk contest, that would be a great draft.

Unfortunately, the nba involves stuff like dribbling and shooting.

i always said randle or gordon, but i finally decided to go with gordon because

1. gordon came in big enough to be my swiss army knife defensively - he would be able to guard 3 & 4
2. he is explosive
3. love his motor
4. he will improve our defensive intensity - will be our defensive leader by year 3
5. we already have favors and kanter. i'm not giving up on them yet.
6. randle has a hand size of a 6ft 1 dude. 8.25 width? that won't even look right. that's friggin my hand size. i'm big on hand size. i hated dante culpepper. hated chad henne. yeah i'm nit picking, but maybe he can't go right because he can't secure the ball well.

so yeah, at #4, i want

1. gordon
2. randle
3. vonleh

in this order

and at #23, most of guys i want would be gone anyway, so why not roll the dice on top 3 athlete of the draft? grobiii has shown that he can play. he is not a total scrub. he will only get better. did every on shooting drills and he did make many key 3's too. good value at #23.

give me excitement or give me death!

aaron-gordon-dunk-gif.gif

wolverinedunk.gif

and don't worry! in Trey we trust!! athletic attackers will only help trey.

i always said randle or gordon, but i finally decided to go with gordon because

1. gordon came in big enough to be my swiss army knife defensively - he would be able to guard 3 & 4
2. he is explosive
3. love his motor
4. he will improve our defensive intensity - will be our defensive leader by year 3
5. we already have favors and kanter. i'm not giving up on them yet.
6. randle has a hand size of a 6ft 1 dude. 8.25 width? that won't even look right. that's friggin my hand size. i'm big on hand size. i hated dante culpepper. hated chad henne. yeah i'm nit picking, but maybe he can't go right because he can't secure the ball well.

so yeah, at #4, i want

1. gordon
2. randle
3. vonleh

in this order

and at #23, most of guys i want would be gone anyway, so why not roll the dice on top 3 athlete of the draft? grobiii has shown that he can play. he is not a total scrub. he will only get better. did every on shooting drills and he did make many key 3's too. good value at #23.

Good reasoning.

and i think randle, gordon, vonleh are so close that i probably take gordon as well for the same reason you stated about not giving up on kanter and favors.

Gordon being able to play the three would be the deciding factor for me.

i really thought hard about Exum, but i don't love him enough to pass on those 3 who i've seen all year.

Aren't they both 3s?

And if we're drafting those 2, then who are we trading Hayward for? Or do we plan to move Hayward to the 2 and Gordon/GL3 to the 3 and hope that teams have major brain farts play and Corbin defense? Literally, we have 1 shooter (Trey) if we play Gordon/GL3 and Hayward at the same time. Defenses are going to love defending us. We might average 60 pts per game next year.

So maybe next year's lottery will provide us a #1 offensive option?!

i really thought hard about Exum, but i don't love him enough to pass on those 3 who i've seen all year.

Exum is one of the few players in this draft who could be that #1 offensive option this team sorely needs. I think we should take an extra look at him.

This team needs a go to #1 option.

Kanter isn't smart enough, Favors isn't it, Hayward isn't it, Burke is too short, Alec maybe (should have actually started him and played him 35+ mins last 2 years), and Exum maybe.

Alec maybe (should have actually started him and played him 35+ mins last 2 years),

This big time.

Lotta good foye, raja, and jefferson are gonna be doing us in the next few years.

Would love to have a better idea what burks ceiling is.

Love Gordon, especially if he's a 3 and can be trained to shoot. If Embiid's back isn't right, then I would definitely take him at 4.

If Embiid's back is wack, my top 4 is:

Wiggins
Exum
Parker
Gordon