What's new

My thoughts on the Jazz based on in depth NBA2K20 research

campaignist

Super scientific analysis incoming. I've been playing the new edition of the NBA2k franchise on career mode, where you start your own character and have them play on your favorite team. I'm halfway through the season so i think I have a good handle on my input. I'm going to share my thoughts on the Jazz and some other general observations.

The Good:

-They've made Mitchell an absolute beast. He's great in the midrange, awesome from three, an absolute assassin on the break, and his dunks are vicious.
-Rudy is also great. Vicious dunks, great on the pick and roll, even the occasional baby hook and post move.
-Conley is about what I expected-good shooting, great distributing, good D.
-Bogie is a deadly shooter, decent defender, good distributor.
-The game is actually pretty balanced, that hasn't always been the case in previous games.

The Bad:

-They have the Lakers as the clear cut favorite, way ahead of the Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz, etc. They're severely overrated and everyone else is underrated, shocking I know. Lebron still has the highest rating in the game. Probably has something to do with Lebron's production company producing a lot of content for the game.
-The Jazz are underrated. Again, shocking I know.
-Ingles is severely underrated. He barely gets playing time and makes dumb decisions that the real Ingles never would. He misses tons of wide open 3's also. On the flip side, he gets monster dunks and I'm not sure I've ever seen the actual Joe Ingles dunk before.
-Green is trash. Absolute trash. He basically just takes up space. He'll make one great play, then one terrible one. (Kinda how he's been his entire career to be fair.)
-Royce is also underrated and barely gets playing time.

The Ugly

-In the story mode, again, produced by Lebron's company, they have a scene when your player enters the league where you meet with Lebron and he tells you to be "more than an athlete." He wants you stand up for your beliefs, take political stances, etc. Which is absolutely hilarious given his reaction to the China fiasco.
-The Warriors are the freaking 2 seed right now.
-They traded Ed Davis for Neman Bjelica for some reason, who has a lower rating and doesn't add anything. And he barely plays. The Jazz apparently have no need for a backup center.
-At least once a game, Rudy takes a 3. I mean come on man.