What's new

My thoughts

toddychurch

I've been a member on the new site for a while and was a member on the old site back in the day, I just don't post, but I would like to start. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts:

I love the draft, especially the Burke selection.
I love the Core 4, even though we aren't supposed to call them that.
I want Burks to get playing time, whether as a starter or 6th man I don't care, just give him minutes.
No more Al, Mo, Paul, or Foye; I want the young guys to play together.
Tanking is good for this season, especially if the young guys play a lot.
We should try to find some young role payers who aren't threats to our core, but who could serve a purpose. I know this is easier said than done.

Pelicans are trying to trade Robin Lopez, we should take him if they give us a first-rounder next year.

Hopefully, you'll all be nice to me!

I've been a member on the new site for a while and was a member on the old site back in the day, I just don't post, but I would like to start. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts:

I want Burks to get playing time, whether as a starter or 6th man I don't care, just give him minutes.
We should try to find some young role payers who aren't threats to our core, but who could serve a purpose. I know this is easier said than done.

Pelicans are trying to trade Robin Lopez, we should take him if they give us a first-rounder next year.

Nice first post. Welcome to the land of the living!

Wow.. you've just said everything that I believe we should do!!! Great post!!! Welcome to the board!!!

They aren't getting a 14 draft pick just for taking Lopez off their hands. I only agree with most of what your saying. I'd like to see Foye back, just in a much lesser role. He won us a few games early on befor his role expanded with his hot three point shooting, and we have plenty of young guys on the team. We need some vets. You win with experience. When was the last time a team won a tittle with a young core still wet behind the ears? As it is we are probably 5to 6 years away from contending for a chip. Why perpetuate that even further by adding even more inexperience in the lineup. We already have the c4, Burke, and probably Gobert, then add next years draft pick.

The biggest problem the last two years, I think was Al and Millsap turning our offense into a one on one iso team on the high block, and not having a true pg. I think a lot of the problems will be fixed with Al and Sap gone, and the acquisition of Burke as pg. I even feel that Marvin will make a bigger impact then he did for most of last year when he returns from his injury.

You sound exactly like everyone else. Welcome to inside the box.

I don't get the Foye hate. He is a good role player. He just needs a coach to put him in a role to succeed. I'm ok with Foye coming back.

I don't get the Foye hate. He is a good role player. He just needs a coach to put him in a role to succeed. I'm ok with Foye coming back.

I am ok with Foye under certain conditions.

Foye can make shots but I don't want to pay him a lot of $$$. Also his record of being on teams that make the playoffs hasn't been stellar.

Foye can make shots but I don't want to pay him a lot of $$$. Also his record of being on teams that make the playoffs hasn't been stellar.

Yeah but how much of that is on FOye's shoulders? It's not like he is ever the focal point of a team.

I don't hate him. I think he is a really good shooter, but I fear that by signing him, Burks, Hayward and possibly Burke would lose valuable gametime. If he was used as a reserve then that's ok, but I'm not sure if Corbin would do that. I figure if we are tanking, we might as well check out some other players to see if we find some talent. We know what we get with Foye.