What's new

My YouTube channel just hit 1k subs.

Kyoto

I started making these Reddit story videos on my YouTube page about 5 months ago, and believe it or not it really is a lot of work that goes into making these. The videos aren't for most people, I know its a niche' thing that only x number of people would watch, but I'm proud of them. I started posting my videos on here but for... reasons... I had to stop posting them.
I'm just pretty excited for hitting 1k, because at 1k you can actually start making money off of videos, granted, it's only going to be like $3 a video for now, but it's a start.

This post is more or less me just saying that some hard work I have done has hit a milestone and I'm pretty excited about it.

https://www.youtube.com/kyotokombat

Thanks for reading, I can't wait for the negative responses lol...

I started making these Reddit story videos on my YouTube page about 5 months ago, and believe it or not it really is a lot of work that goes into making these. The videos aren't for most people, I know its a niche' thing that only x number of people would watch, but I'm proud of them. I started posting my videos on here but for... reasons... I had to stop posting them.
I'm just pretty excited for hitting 1k, because at 1k you can actually start making money off of videos, granted, it's only going to be like $3 a video for now, but it's a start.

This post is more or less me just saying that some hard work I have done has hit a milestone and I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm happy for you man. I gave you a hard time when you posted about it originally but that was dickish and I apologize.

Glad you are finding success in doing something you enjoy.

I'm happy for you man. I gave you a hard time when you posted about it originally but that was dickish and I apologize.

Glad you are finding success in doing something you enjoy.

Thanks Zombie, no need to apologize we're cool :) You have to have some things roll off your shoulders if you want to try to do anything online.

Are these like podcasts, only on YouTube?

I listened to part of your Fireside Chat one (good voice and pacing) and am curious...

Also how long did it take you to build up to this many subscribers? How often do you make these? Is their editing options if you “mess up” while recording one?

Last edited:
How do you get paid after 1K subs for your videos? How does that all work with YouTube?

Also, congrats on your success and milestone!

See my questions down below.

Are these like podcasts, only on YouTube?

I listened to part of your Fireside Chat one (good voice and pacing) and am curious...

Also how long did it take you to build up to this many subscribers? How often do you make these? Is their editing options if you “mess up” while recording one?

Ironically the "Fireside Chats" I do are just more or less a way to chat with people who watch my videos, I only do those once every couple of weeks or so. Videos like this: are typical videos I produce on the channel.

The channel could be best described as a story/comment video where I read peoples stories off of Reddit, then I give my own opinion on it and/or tell a personal story that is similar to what they went through.

I started making these videos in February. I initially would get like 4 subscribers a week, but eventually, like most things on the internet does, it snowballed. I typically get about 20-25 subscribers a week now.

The goal is to make a daily video, I started a new job here in Utah County where I work 12 hour shifts, so I'm lucky to put out 4 videos a week. My work schedule is changing where I now, starting monday, work M-F 6am-2pm, so I should be able to put out 6-7 videos a week now.

Editing options for the live videos are,... limited. I can make a couple of cuts, but that's it. The normal videos I make usually take 1.5-2 hours to make.

How do you get paid after 1K subs for your videos? How does that all work with YouTube?

Also, congrats on your success and milestone!

YouTube has a program where after 1k subs, and X number of minutes watched you can join their "partnership program". The partnership program allows you to put ads on your videos and to get X dollars per 1k views.

From what I understand is that 1k views could be anywhere from $2-$5, so hopefully I get about $40 a month lol... but with growth the potential there is to make a lot more.

Thanks!