What's new

Name a coach and how many more wins we should have

Scorpjazz

Thought this deserves a thread so possibly people will have the guts to answer it.

But, since it seems most of this forum is far more knowledgable and smarter than Ty, please name a coach or more if you have them, and then also let us know how many more wins this talented team would have with that named coach than we have now with the horrible Ty Corbin.
I am not a fan or hater really of Ty, but it gets old listening to all the 'experts' around here always talking out of their ***.

Jazz are 28-24 and in 7th seed as of now.

Name the coach and how much better we should be please. Give actual record we would be at with this coach.

'Tank for high picks' nutjobs need not reply.

Anyone else noticing Tony Parker's MVP caliber play without Duncan (one season after finishing 5th in voting)? Tony Parker being possibly the most underrated player in NBA history is a big reason why Popovich is looked at as a coaching god.

I showed last summer how Corbin runs the exact same offensive sets as Popovich but the Fire-Ty-Hire-A-White-Guy haters shoved their heads deep inside their asses just like they will with these Parker performances. Popovich is the only reason Spurs win doe. He's white.

I think the only way we could ever crack a top 5 seed is if we manage to have one other player who can create possessions on the offensive end, in a half-court setting, other than Al Jefferson. I don't think any coach affects this, really.

Otherwise, we will lose games just like the one in Chicago. Have a good lead, they take away Jefferson, and the rest of the Jazz offense falls-apart.

As-constituted, our only hope is Hayward and Burks developing into great pick and roll players.

Anyone else noticing Tony Parker's MVP caliber play without Duncan (one season after finishing 5th in voting)? Tony Parker being possibly the most underrated player in NBA history is a big reason why Popovich is looked at as a coaching god.

I showed last summer how Corbin runs the exact same offensive sets as Popovich but the Fire-Ty-Hire-A-White-Guy haters shoved their heads deep inside their asses just like they will with these Parker performances. Popovich is the only reason Spurs win doe. He's white.

Do you honestly think MJ and Kobe would have a combined 11 titles if Ty was their head coach during the same exact points of their career?

The answer's an obvious no and quite frankly, based on how almost all of those series went six games, they may not have won more than one or two.

Players help make a coach, yes, that's undeniable. But true coaching, that which involves the intelligent development of young players, utilizing motivational techniques of all sorts to bring out the best in a team on a very consistent basis, and being a strong x's and o's guys in game, especially in late-game situations, is what separates the very good and great coaches from everyone else. After two seasons, it's pretty obvious Ty has very little clue as to how to do any one of those.

I think the winner between Utah, Golden State and Denver (I know, Utah is 5 games off) will have their coach voted as COTY. Personally, I think Corbin and Karl are much more deserving (seeing as they're winning with 0 all-stars).

-George

Thought this deserves a thread so possibly people will have the guts to answer it.

But, since it seems most of this forum is far more knowledgable and smarter than Ty, please name a coach or more if you have them, and then also let us know how many more wins this talented team would have with that named coach than we have now with the horrible Ty Corbin.
I am not a fan or hater really of Ty, but it gets old listening to all the 'experts' around here always talking out of their ***.

Jazz are 28-24 and in 7th seed as of now.

Name the coach and how much better we should be please. Give actual record we would be at with this coach.

'Tank for high picks' nutjobs need not reply.
This whole post fails to address the problems with TY. We should have spent the last 2 years developing our youth and win or loss seeing what we had with them. If Favors, Hayward, and Kanter were all starting and playing 30 minutes per game this year we would likely have 5 less wins or so. But we would also have a general idea of what they are capable of and what we need to win going forward. The current starting lineup is pathetic and routinely gets us behind and yet he has stuck with it for more than 2 months.
JVG, SVG, Nate Mcmillan, and many more assistant coaches out there would potentially see the problems and adjust to them. While also potentially actually running a legitimate offense.
W/L record right now is irrelevant to me and most TY haters because he is not doing anything to improve this roster going forward. By playing the guys that should be playing.
Favors getting less than 30 minutes per game this year is beyond pathetic. He's better overall than any other big we have and has been for the better part of 2 seasons now.

I think the only way we could ever crack a top 5 seed is if we manage to have one other player who can create possessions on the offensive end, in a half-court setting, other than Al Jefferson. I don't think any coach affects this, really.

Otherwise, we will lose games just like the one in Chicago. Have a good lead, they take away Jefferson, and the rest of the Jazz offense falls-apart.

As-constituted, our only hope is Hayward and Burks developing into great pick and roll players.
How are they supposed to turn into pick and roll players? Our offense runs virtually no pick and rolls for them to get better running it.
We lose games when teams take away Jefferson because our coach has not got a clue as to how a team is supposed to run an actual offense.

I think the winner between Utah, Golden State and Denver (I know, Utah is 5 games off) will have their coach voted as COTY. Personally, I think Corbin and Karl are much more deserving (seeing as they're winning with 0 all-stars).

-George

Funny, I think Jackson should win with Karl garnering strong consideration as well. He took a supposed joke of a team, got them to buy in, and brought them to where they are now. He got Lee to play some defense. He has helped in Thompson's quick development. I'd imagine he had some say as to who goes (Ellis) and who stays because he knows what it takes to win.

Corbin, considering the schedule the rest of the way, is likely on pace to win less games (pace-wise) than last year despite having a deeper team and one whose youth is more developed.

Do you honestly think MJ and Kobe would have a combined 11 titles if Ty was their head coach during the same exact points of their career?

The answer's an obvious no and quite frankly, based on how almost all of those series went six games, they may not have won more than one or two.

Players help make a coach, yes, that's undeniable. But true coaching, that which involves the intelligent development of young players, utilizing motivational techniques of all sorts to bring out the best in a team on a very consistent basis, and being a strong x's and o's guys in game, especially in late-game situations, is what separates the very good and great coaches from everyone else. After two seasons, it's pretty obvious Ty has very little clue as to how to do any one of those.

Keep acting like MJ isn't the consensus #1 player of all time who had two other HOFer defensive studs to combine with his own shutdown defense.

So ****ing retarded, it's hard to know where to start. The bench didn;t play well that game, granted, but when Ty went back to the starters with just over 4 minutes left, the Jazz were up 2. It was the starting 5, Tinsley-Foye-Marvin-Millsap-Al, who have gotten off to consistently slow starts, seemingly having no idea how to play together as a cohesive unit on either end, that couldn't get it done down the stretch. As of right now, Al Jefferson is last on the team in both +/- and net +/-/48. Idiotic.

Better question would be find a coach who would do worse than Corbin. KOC got Corbin his three point shooters and Jazz are on pace for no improvement at all. The youth has been given equal or less minutes than last year, when a good number of other picks in their range is getting 30 minutes a game and developing. Popovich is brilliant because he custom tailored his offense around Tony Parker's unrivaled drive and kick ability. The Jazz have no one remotely close to Parker in that department so it doesn't even begin to make sense to run any of Pops plays.

----------ORtg / DRtg
2011/12 106.5 / 107.3
2012/13 106.8 / 106.1

"Stay the course"

Keep acting like MJ isn't the consensus #1 player of all time who had two other HOFer defensive studs to combine with his own shutdown defense.

Yes, that's what I'm doing.

dumbass_award.jpg

Funny, I think Jackson should win with Karl garnering strong consideration as well. He took a supposed joke of a team, got them to buy in, and brought them to where they are now. He got Lee to play some defense. He has helped in Thompson's quick development. I'd imagine he had some say as to who goes (Ellis) and who stays because he knows what it takes to win.

Corbin, considering the schedule the rest of the way, is likely on pace to win less games (pace-wise) than last year despite having a deeper team and one whose youth is more developed.

More like he took a max contract PF, a top 5 PG when healthy, and a VERY well-rounded team to a 5th seed. His team has one-allstar, as well as the biggest allstar-snub in the league (Curry). Any coach who couldn't take a team of Curry Thompson Barnes Lee and now Bogut to the playoffs is borderline-disabled.

LOL @ Thompson's quick development. Who did he have ahead of him impeding playing time? His minutes only boosted after Ellis was shipped. He was getting Hayward minutes at best. What, did Mark Jackson teach Klay Thomspon how to shoot? Dude still is VERY mistake-prone, aka what a coach should remove from a player. So lets pin that on Mark Jackson as well.

Everyone in the ****ing league knew that Curry was staying, and Ellis was a goner.

What an awful post from start to finish.

So ****ing retarded, it's hard to know where to start. The bench didn;t play well that game, granted, but when Ty went back to the starters with just over 4 minutes left, the Jazz were up 2. It was the starting 5, Tinsley-Foye-Marvin-Millsap-Al, who have gotten off to consistently slow starts, seemingly having no idea how to play together as a cohesive unit on either end, that couldn't get it done down the stretch. As of right now, Al Jefferson is last on the team in both +/- and net +/-/48. Idiotic.

So you're denying that the Jazz lost because they couldn't feed Jefferson in the post, and they didn't have any successful plan B's in their half court offense??

Okay

GVC, you also fail to mention that Al was a major reason behind getting the lead in the first place. You say "went back to the starters" in a very misleading manner, when we all know that Al played a majority of that quarter. The Chicago offense focused all of their defense on Jefferson, and we collapsed.

Virtually undebatable.