What's new

Napoleon Dynamite cartoon

Are you f-ing kidding me, or are you being sarcastic? Regardless of what they initially did with Family Guy, it's now one of the biggest shows on TV and has been for years. I think it's actually a fact that Fox has the 3 most successful cartoons in TV history with The Simpsons, Family Guy and King Of The Hill. They also have success with American Dad.

But the humor in Family Guy sucks now, and has sucked since they brought it back. It's... really not even funny anymore. Of course, this is just my opinion.

You'd have to be in denial to not admit that The Simpsons is stale in comparison to it's first 8 seasons.

Futurama was canceled in it's prime and that sucks because it was their best animated show.

Sure, they were the founders of some great animated series', but their lineup now sucks. And their handling of Futurama and Family Guy in particular killed 2 series' that I liked.

In case you can't tell, I'm a little jaded from Futurama being canceled. But still, Family Guy isn't funny now. I don't know how people think their writing is funny now. They don't even attempt clever humor anymore, it's basically people stuttering, them copying internet videos and every character taking on the same dumbass, sarcastic character. They're all a lamer version of Brian with different voices.

American Dad wasn't ever funny and the Cleveland Show is a complete waste of everyone's time.

But the humor in Family Guy sucks now, and has sucked since they brought it back. It's... really not even funny anymore. Of course, this is just my opinion.

You'd have to be in denial to not admit that The Simpsons is stale in comparison to it's first 8 seasons.

Futurama was canceled in it's prime and that sucks because it was their best animated show.

Sure, they were the founders of some great animated series', but their lineup now sucks. And their handling of Futurama and Family Guy in particular killed 2 series' that I liked.

In case you can't tell, I'm a little jaded from Futurama being canceled. But still, Family Guy isn't funny now. I don't know how people think their writing is funny now. They don't even attempt clever humor anymore, it's basically people stuttering, them copying internet videos and every character taking on the same dumbass, sarcastic character. They're all a lamer version of Brian with different voices.

American Dad wasn't ever funny and the Cleveland Show is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Funny thing is, I agree with you on just about everything you said in this post. The Simpson's first 8 years were easily the best. However, I have noticed that last season and the beginning of this season seem to have a little more edge to them once again, but it still doesn't compare to the early years. I also thought it sucked when they canceled Futurama.

My whole thing is your quote that Fox=Death for an animated series. Right now, they're pretty much the only major network where an animated series even stands a chance in hell of making it. Put the Napoleon cartoon on ABC, NBC or CBS and it will be gone within 3 or 4 episodes.

I think it's actually a fact that Fox has the 3 most successful cartoons in TV history with The Simpsons, Family Guy and King Of The Hill.

Define "most successful".

southpark_7263.jpg

I hate to break it to you but Futurama always sucked. There's a reason it got cancelled. Poor ratings. Family guy is lucky to still be on TV.

I don't know what to tell you other than "you are wrong, sir". How many shows that suck last 5 seasons then come back on the air several years later to relatively high ratings, and only come back on the air because their straight-to-DVD movie sales were unusually high?

Futurama was the apex of writing in an animated series.. absolutely #1 by a million miles. Watch Jurassic Bark, The Sting, Devil's Hands, Luck of the Fryish and tell me that they "suck". You'll notice that all of those titles have links to where you can watch them for free.

Alternatively, you can continue saying ignorant things like "it always sucked", when it clearly did not.

I don't know what to tell you other than "you are wrong, sir". How many shows that suck last 5 seasons then come back on the air several years later to relatively high ratings, and only come back on the air because their straight-to-DVD movie sales were unusually high?

Futurama was the apex of writing in an animated series.. absolutely #1 by a million miles. Watch Jurassic Bark, The Sting, Devil's Hands, Luck of the Fryish and tell me that they "suck". You'll notice that all of those titles have links to where you can watch them for free.

Alternatively, you can continue saying ignorant things like "it always sucked", when it clearly did not.

finally something we can agree on. now dont screw it up.