What's new

Nate Silver predicts the Jazz record will be...

Seems about right to me.
#1 GS
#2 SAS
#3 clips
#4,#5,#6 blazers, grizzlies, jazz in some order.
#7,#8,#9,#10,#11 okc, rockets, t-wolves, pelicans, mavs in some order.

I do believe that the jazz could be better than the clips though and get into that 3rd spot.

IDK. No Hayward and maybe no Favors against a tough early schedule.

fwiw the jazz have a better record without hayward than with him and i think favors will miss zero games or a very very small amount.

Seems about right to me.
#1 GS
#2 SAS
#3 clips
#4,#5,#6 blazers, grizzlies, jazz in some order.
#7,#8,#9,#10,#11 okc, rockets, t-wolves, pelicans, mavs in some order.

I do believe that the jazz could be better than the clips though and get into that 3rd spot.

I feel the clips are very overrated. I don't get the hype.

fwiw the jazz have a better record without hayward than with him and i think favors will miss zero games or a very very small amount.

Isn't it a very small sample size with Hayward on the bench, like very small. I remember the Jazz having a similar record when Malone missed a rare game. To me it's a team stepping up because they don't have there star to lean on and the team responds. Hayward missing some time could be a blessing in disguise, and could go a long way to take pressure off Hayward when he starts playing. Hood and Favors need to step up. We saw Hood step up big in that cavs game last year without Hayward.

Isn't it a very small sample size with Hayward on the bench, like very small.

Someone else posted the numbers recently but I don't remember. It seems like it was a 25 game sample size or something (pretty small really) but it was a pretty big difference in win % without Hayward vs with irrc.

I feel the clips are very overrated. I don't get the hype.
CP3 is a star/superstar player and one of the best at his position in the nba. blake griffin is a star/superstar and one of the best players at his position in the league. Reddick led the league in three point shooting last year iirc. Deandre Jordan is a star and one of the best defensive players and rebounders in the league and was an Olympian. Paul pierce is washed up but has about as good of veteran experience as anyone in the league. Jamaal Crawford wins 6th man of year frequently. Doc rivers has championships.

They've won ~55 games the last four years with the same team. That's not hype, that's a track record.

This

CP3 is a star/superstar player and one of the best at his position in the nba. blake griffin is a star/superstar and one of the best players at his position in the league. Reddick led the league in three point shooting last year iirc. Deandre Jordan is a star and one of the best defensive players and rebounders in the league and was an Olympian. Paul pierce is washed up but has about as good of veteran experience as anyone in the league. Jamaal Crawford wins 6th man of year frequently. Doc rivers has championships.

Talented players don't always make for a great team. Last year they had a about the same to better record when Griffin was out being an Olympian isn't what it used to be. They aren't deep, and Griffin and Paul don't get along. This team hasn't done much in the past, and they aren't as good as they have been in the past.

To me it's a collection of a few players on a team missing specific roles. Not a complete team that doesn't like each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright ladies! Pack it in. Season is over.

Now Hayward, Favors Burks and Diaw didn't practice.

Diaw has a leg contusion. Seasons over.

Wow that 45 game prediction is looking to be actually pretty optimistic at this point. No games into the season it is pretty easy to predict all kinds of stuff I guess.

The Jazz have been beaten down for so long now I see many long time posters doubting all positive criticism. They have been accustomed to being the doormat for a long time, and seemingly are uncomfortable or not sure how to act in any other role.

Wow that is impressive. They nailed a lot of it in their pre-season prediction. Its prediction from October 21st had us going 51-31.

It is predicting Jazz win tomorrow but gives Sacramento almost no chance of winning.