What's new

NBA 2k12 Commentators glitch

Jazzman_86

hey guys,

so. I have the same bug 3 years in a row. With 2k10, 2k11, 2k12 :(

The problem is: commenators not talking about the players or teams or some facts during the game. Yes they talking for example, " last time Utah met Lakers, they won in OT" or Harris pass to Jefferson, Kanter shoots - misses. The simple things. And the this happen starts from January. I mean i start a season. November and December - is good - colour commentaries. 1 game of the January - bug. And it continues forever even if i finish the season. And start another year.
This is same bug for the My Player mode and for association. Or even if i play by other team.
So the question is do you have the same? Please, somebody try this. Spend 5 mins. Start new season. Simulate to the month of January. 3rd of January the game with Bucks. Load the game. Will Harlan, Clark and Kerr will speak about Harris, Big Al, about Utah or Milwakee or it's players?

p.s you can tell guys why you need this? Cause, this is not NBA live 2001) Where was pass - pass - shoot. And so on)

I have PC version

thank you

hey guys,

The problem is: commenators not talking about the players or teams or some facts during the game. Yes they talking for example, " last time Utah met Lakers, they won in OT" or Harris pass to Jefferson, Kanter shoots - misses. The simple things. And the this happen starts from January. I mean i start a season. November and December - is good - colour commentaries. 1 game of the January - bug. And it continues forever even if i finish the season. And start another year.
This is same bug for the My Player mode and for association. Or even if i play by other team.
So the question is do you have the same? Please, somebody try this. Spend 5 mins. Start new season. Simulate to the month of January. 3rd of January the game with Bucks. Load the game. Will Harlan, Clark and Kerr will speak about Harris, Big Al, about Utah or Milwakee or it's players?

p.s you can tell guys why you need this? Cause, this is not NBA live 2001) Where was pass - pass - shoot. And so on)

I have PC version

thank you

Don't have the problem with XBOX version. But I usually turn off the commentators after a few days of playing.

Never had this problem on mine...

.. an obvious question, but needed to be asked: Did you buy a legit copy??

hey guys,

I have PC version

thank you
I have the PC version as well, but I've never played an association long enough to notice :/

i tried it, but there is full commentary for me in january. probably your save file is corrupted somehow, try not to save during a game and load it later. it's also good to have multiple save files so you can go back if something goes wrong(stats can get buggy for example).

the pc patch is coming probably in february but i don't expect them to fix much. 2k just sucks when it comes to anything but gameplay + treats the pc community like ****.

Never had this problem on mine...

.. an obvious question, but needed to be asked: Did you buy a legit copy??
this would have no effect on the game. even the serial-code activation is broken, you can make one up to play online if you pirated the game.

Last edited:
hey guys,

I have PC version

thank you

what?

Sorry to highjack, but is this worth buying for XBOX? I was interested in playing the legends more than anything.

I have a copy of 2011 for PS3. I also have trouble with the commentators cutting out. The game still works, but the sound goes out. It only happens when I'm playing a season and begins after a number of games.

Playing exhibition never gives me the problem. I'm sure there is some glitch. I've read about it on other message boards. Not sure why some people have the problem and others don't.

It isn't a big deal to me because I get tired of the same commentary anyway. Funny thing is my wife thought I was watching a game when I first got it and was playing it...

Hm, yeah, i thought that I am the only one who have this glittch,

and yeah, my wife too, she said, hm i though that NBA has lockout) Then she realized that was just a video game)