What's new

NBA CBA - communication in general

lauriandres

Copy paste from the nba.com regarding Irving and Porzingis trade possibilities:

A spokesperson at ASM Sports, which represents Porzingis, said, “It’s agency policy not to comment on possible trade scenarios.’’ Porzingis is in his native Latvia for the European Championship.

Porzingis skipped his exit meeting with the Knicks at the end of the season, but Mills said last month that he and Porzingis had spoken a few times this summer.

“Kristaps and I have a hectic texting relationship,” Mills said. “I continue to text Kristaps over the summer and he and I have spoken two or three times over the summer.”

I have couple of questions:

1. Doesn't every NBA player have an e-mail address a la kristaps.porzingis@knicks.com and aliases @nba.com etc? Of course, in addition to that a company mobile phone number.
2. Why do the still use text message/SMS instead of e-mail and Skype for Business or something similar? Office 365 plans are even available per month basis.
3. While under contract - doesn't NBA players must be reachable via e-mail or phone at least 8 hours per day a la between 9-17 local time? Or does the Mills comment means, that they are external partner to the NBA and therefore the player can contact with them whenever they want? Or not contact at all? For example, when the coach wants to contact with the player then the player should sooner or later call back.