What's new

NBA Free Agency Moves in General (related to the Jazz, but not just moves made by the Jazz)

Ah... the type of forward thinking move we all want. Give him a 4 year deal too... nothing better to do than stack the team with overpaid 30-something year olds.
I'd rather just roll with Jingles and Joe Jesus. Not sure that James Johnson brings much to the table and the Jazz need to win or lose with their young'ens. Give me lots of Hood, Exum and Mitchell this year.

The interesting question for the Celtics is choosing their philosophy and eventually dealing with their wing logjam before issue solves itself.
If I assume they go small ball their lineup looks something like this:

Thomas - Smart
Bradley - Rozier - Smart
Hayward - Brown
Crowder - Tatum
Horford

Personally I feel like this way their defense will be not contention worthy, but we'll see...
I think the only way to contend with Isaiah Thomas is by having a good to great interior defender(switch capability or rim protector) - Either of Gobert, Davis, Gasol or Jordan and other candidates who'd emerge in that category include Embiid, Giannis, Porzingis, Towns, Noel, Capela, Adams, Turner

If they go with a more traditional lineup they'd need another big somehow and then their lineup would look like:

Thomas - Smart
Bradley - Brown - Rozier
Hayward - Tatum - Crowder
*** - Crowder
Horford

They'd need to use 1 or two wings and convert them into a big. Not a clean roster makeup right now even though with their depth and those juicy 2018/2019 first round picks they control they'd get a deal done

How much do you guys think Rudy Gay would cost per? He's not ideal but if the Jazz aren't going to retool the roster then we could definitely use a scorer like him. We just lost Hayward and Hill off of a team that wasn't extremely potent offensively to begin with. I would be okay with him on a one year deal. Maybe a second year team option. He's coming off of that Achilles injury but I feel like we wouldn't have anything to lose signing him short term.

Patterson has agreed to a three-year $16.4M deal with OKC and the Jazz paying Ingles a 4-year $52 million?

Presti > Lindsey

Patterson has agreed to a three-year $16.4M deal with OKC and the Jazz paying Ingles a 4-year $52 million?

Presti > Lindsey

I'm fairly sure with the timing on that one if Hayward returns we get Patterson.

Also Enes Kanter would like to have a word with you.

Even after all the Hayward BS I will not turn on Joes deal. If they wanted to trade him on that deal they can.

Presti lost Harden and Durrant, traded away everything for a one year rental of Paul George, signed Enes to the Max, passed on Rodney Hood and Clint Capela to draft Mitch McGary. But yea, that Patterson signing erases all that.

I'm happy to roll out youth out. They've all missed out on opportunities this year because we were in 'win now' mode to appease Hayward. Also, the FAs available do nothing for me.

Presti > Lindsey

He took the taxpayer MLE of just over $5 million per year. It's a 2 year contract, and then he opts out. Decent risk for him. Don't act like OKC made this great move to go get him. They offered the salary slot they had and he took it. Jingles got a market level deal. . . and I don't think it had anything to do with Gordon Hayward. He got to test his market and then brought those numbers back to the Jazz. I'd rather have Jingles over Patterson.

Maybe the jazz start rubio,hood,ingles,favors and gobert. That might actually work. If hood steps is game up and ingles shoots lights out with great open looks from rubio it might actually work out.

Presti lost Harden and Durrant, traded away everything for a one year rental of Paul George, signed Enes to the Max, passed on Rodney Hood and Clint Capela to draft Mitch McGary. But yea, that Patterson signing erases all that.

Wrong. The owner made him trade Harden.

Maybe the jazz start rubio,hood,ingles,favors and gobert. That might actually work. If hood steps is game up and ingles shoots lights out with great open looks from rubio it might actually work out.

The problem is that there is little threat to create the needed spacing to get Hood and Ingles open looks. Rubio is going to have to force teams to respect him in the PnR.

The problem is that there is little threat to create the needed spacing to get Hood and Ingles open looks. Rubio is going to have to force teams to respect him in the PnR.

Ingles, Hood, JJ and soon Exum and Mitchell will make teams play them close on the 3 point line.

Warriors have added Nick Young and Omri Caspi.

Still no center, I don't think it matters.

Guys check out the clips offseason

they cashed out Chris Paul for 7 players and a 1st next year, added Gallinari. That front court is DJ, Griffin & Gallo That's like all-time greatness

Guys check out the clips offseason

they cashed out Chris Paul for 7 players and a 1st next year, added Gallinari. That front court is DJ, Griffin & Gallo That's like all-time greatness

They added Teodosic as well.

That Milos Telosodivic guy is going to the Clippers.

With all the moves they made they might have just lost their best player (chris paul) and still gotten better.

I've said it before, being a Jazz fan is hard sometimes.

That Milos Telosodivic guy is going to the Clippers.

With all the moves they made they might have just lost their best player (chris paul) and still gotten better.

I've said it before, being a Jazz fan is hard sometimes.

No way in hell are they better without CP3, but they probably got more "fun".