What's new

NBA Future Power Rankings

What does it mean by future? Next 5 seasons or what. Anyway LA is way overrated.

It weighs everything... management, desirable market, young guys, future draft picks.

Philly and Boston both have some extra picks coming their way and are loaded with young dudes. LA is a super desirable market and has good young guys and a fairly clean cap sheet... plus Lebron. Doesn't mean they will finish ahead of us... I would actually argue Houston is the only team above us that I think could be lower. Their new owner is clearly concerned about $$$ and the only guy they have that is younger is Capela. I think the CP3 contract becomes an albatross and Harden may have a steep decline if he doesn't take care of his body.

Jazz are better than Sixers and Lakers
Sixers' duo is overrated as hell. They lack a true leader. Ben can't score and is timid at times. Embiid is an injury and turnover prone slow immature kid. JJ Redick lead that team in scoring in playoffs ffs. What a joke. UTA had shut Redick down in LAC series.

Winning a bunch of games in the lousy East where half of the teams tank makes them feel better that they actually are. To me they're screwed unless Fultz becomes assumes that much needed leader role, which I highly doubt.

Boston's future depends a lot on what Kyrie does in free agency, and his health too. Horford's getting older, and his contract could become a burden. They have the Sacramento pick this year though. That could be big for them.

I think Utah and Boston should be the top 2. Which one is #1 is debatable but those should be the top 2 imo. Both have good ownership. Both have top 5 coaches with good assistants. Both have young star duos (Mitchell/Gobert & Irving/Tatum) with young talent surrounding them. Both are built to win now and in the future. I'd put the Warriors at 3. They are the best team right now and the favorite for 2019. But after that their future is fuzzy. It won't last forever. I'd put the Lakers at 4. They have the best player on the planet, cap flexibility, and good young players. They aren't winning anything next year. But if they put the right players around LeBron in the 2019 offseason they might. Then I'd probably put Philly at 5. They have good young talent that will probably keep them competitive for the foreseeable future. But I'm not sure Simmons or Embiid is the type of player that leads you to a championship. Maybe Embiid is, but his health is always a big question.

I have no problem with the rankings and frankly find it flattering they ranked us where they did. If we are better than teams above us it will prove itself out so not sure why anyone even cares. The polls in college sports impact a lot in terms of seeding and playoffs so they matter. In the NBA they are irrelevant. As long as you keep winning you keep playing.

The Jazz need just a few things to go right for them, namely:

** Rubio has to show more offensive consistency. Apparently he's been shooting better over the summer, but he needs to show he can sustain it.

** Exum needs to show that he can have a positive impact and a third-option offensive player. The potential is there, but it's time to cash in on the potential.

** The Jazz need a significant 2-way player at the 4 who is more skilled and versatile offensively than Favors. If the Jazz could pick up Tobias Harris in free agency next summer, that would go a long way.

LeBron has to carry how many teams to the finals by himself? Do Jazz fans even watch NBA basketball?

They watch enough to know that winning in the west is going to be completely different than in the east. LeBron almost got bumped in the first round last year and then barely got by the celtics with their 2 best players injured. I see your posts in the Jazz forum are just as worthless as your posts in GD.

If this is a future ranking though, there's nothing wrong with were the Lakers are. They aren't going to be that good as currently constructed, but will almost certainly pick up another big name or two by next year.

Utah isn't better than a team that nearly swept them.

LeBron has to carry how many teams to the finals by himself? Do Jazz fans even watch NBA basketball?
You idiot. You can do that in the east, he’s now in the wild Wild West it’s just a different beast. Too many good teams. Even the crappy ones are fairly stacked.

As far as the Rockets are concerned. They lost their two best wing defenders and signed Carmello, so their defense and offense just got worse. We dominated OKC whenever he was on the court. Houston got much much worse. Last year they were one of the better defensive and offensive teams. Now the live and die by Capela’s defense alone on defense, and Carmello is a terrible fit offensively. I think he even hurts P.J. Tucker’s effectiveness and value to the team as they play that same 3-4 position.

They watch enough to know that winning in the west is going to be completely different than in the east. LeBron almost got bumped in the first round last year and then barely got by the celtics with their 2 best players injured. I see your posts in the Jazz forum are just as worthless as your posts in GD.

Did somebody smack you upside the head with that board you shove up your ***? LA has a better outside shot at getting past GS than Utah does. Lakers are going to be good; you will always be pathetic.